Thread: '21 Jeep Gladiator V6 Reader Upload Request: x7F Negative Response Code

Potential Tuner

'21 Jeep Gladiator V6 Reader Upload Request: x7F Negative Response Code

Went to do a read, but I get the code mentioned in subject. I can get the transmission read, but not the engine. When I gather info, it doesn't automatically detect the hardware. I self-select the GPEC2A, 2018+ Dodge.

I thought it might be the GPS tracker/security device the dealer put in, but I removed it, and still same issue. Anyone else experiencing this, or have thoughts to remedy it?

Potential Tuner
    Figured out what my problem is through a support ticket. I have a newer GPEC5 PCM that?s not currently supported.

Potential Tuner
    Just FYI, as I mentioned earlier, VCM Editor (Beta) would not automatically detect the hardware. Newest version (4.11.851) of Beta DOES detect the GPEC5, but as GPEC2A, 2018+ Dodge. Still get same error listed in thread title.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by vmiaptetr View Post
    Just FYI, as I mentioned earlier, VCM Editor (Beta) would not automatically detect the hardware. Newest version (4.11.851) of Beta DOES detect the GPEC5, but as GPEC2A, 2018+ Dodge. Still get same error listed in thread title.
    GPEC5 is not a supported ecm, without giving away too much our software will typically try to "assume" what ecm it might be based off of the vin/os information. Dodge apparently started putting the GPEC5 into some 2021 and newer models but GPEC2A in those same 2021 models earlier in the run
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Is it fair to assume HP Tuners is working on GPEC5 support?