Thread: 07 Avalanche knock

Tuner in Training

07 Avalanche knock

I need a hand with this truck. I have done everything i can and for some reason I am still pulling timing all over the place. Can one of you take a look at this and let me know where i am dropping the ball. I just got this truck and its driving me nuts. DUMP ROAD WO RUN.hpl07 avalanche 11.19.21 30% knock sensor reduction.hpt

What grade of fuel are you using? 87 octane is likely to show knock.

Also make your PE come in way faster so fueling is there right away when you floor it.

Raise the MAP kpa to 80, lower the HOT pedal enable to 65%. Lower the RPM delay to 1,500 and increase the enrichment ramp in rate to 1.500. Also level off the EQ ratio after 3,250rpm. Make the whole rest of the table 1.211 so it doesn't go as rich.

Also do some regular check up stuff. Like spark plugs, clean the MAF sensor, run a whole can of seafoam through the gas tank to clean the injectors. Inspect the motor mounts too, vibrations from bad motor mounts can cause it to pick up false knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    5fdp, I cant thank you enough for the help. I do need to clean the maf sensor and run a higher octane. I do think a rattle is the culprit in this because its pulling timing all over the board in just normal driving. I did a plug and wire change about a month ago so i can rule that out. Now if I can figure this out learn to tune my trans and add more timing i think i will be set.