Thread: HERE IS A NEW ONE, (i hope not)

HERE IS A NEW ONE, (i hope not)

Ok, before I waste 2 more credits, Could someone Please explain to my ignorant self how to accomplish my goals. I'll try to explain what I am doing, and hopefully it is easer than I am making it

I need to load a completely different operating system into a '411 gen 3 GM ECU, different than what it was born with, The operating system and program have been loaded into multiple ECU's before, how be it with EFILive. I sold EFI to HPTuners. any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

If it's a stock file you want, the easiest and best would be to flash it with a GM tool to the operating system you want and then license it with HP Tuners. That would only cost two credits to do that.

If you have the other file you want to flash into that computer it would require that you license the computer and then license the file you want to write to it. So that would be 4 credits total to do that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it's a stock file you want, the easiest and best would be to flash it with a GM tool to the operating system you want and then license it with HP Tuners. That would only cost two credits to do that.

If you have the other file you want to flash into that computer it would require that you license the computer and then license the file you want to write to it. So that would be 4 credits total to do that.
    ok I think I follow the process I've attached a screen capture for you to look at? if I'm correct??? the tune is already licensed (see the screen capture)- twice? so next I need to down load the ECU tune then reload it to get the ECU licensed, after which I can load the desired tune into the ECU? Am I on the correct path here?

screen capture.jpg
    Last edited by Shade_tree_mechanic; 01-27-2022 at 08:57 PM.

fixed!!
    Last edited by Shade_tree_mechanic; 01-30-2022 at 11:04 PM.