Thread: New PIDs "Lateral Acceleration" and "Yaw Rate"

Tuner in Training

New PIDs "Lateral Acceleration" and "Yaw Rate"

I noticed last night when looking for something else that "Lateral Acceleration" and "Yaw Rate" in G-Force is now available PID's to be logged. (2018 Camaro SS)

Previously I was just using a math function for basic acceleration logging for drag racing and I would love to be able to use some real data from onboard. Its currently below freezing and snowing here so I can't go test these out myself unfortunately. I know lateral acceleration is generally for forces sideways as apposed to forward/backwards as in a drag racing scenario, but I recall on the dash the little GForce circle would show forward and braking forces as well.

Any input and experience with these parameters would be appreciated!
    2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Redline Edition

I've been using these for months now to verify if the car is hooking or spinning. You can also view the wheel speed data and other items on the Camaro. There is a G-Force reading you can log & steering angle as well so you know if the driver is having to drive the car due to tire slip along with when and which way the rear is going. PLENTY of data to get a car down the track or street in a straight line.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]