Thread: 2001 Tahoe 4.8 4l80e 4:88 gears

2001 Tahoe 4.8 4l80e 4:88 gears

Im having a problem with my truck it's a 2001 Tahoe with a 4.8 and 4l80e out of a 05 express van it has 4:88 gears 3 inch straight pipes and k&n cold air intake I have had it bass tuned but my tuner won't ever reply and seams like he could care less so I broke down and bought hp tuners and licensed my truck and I can't figure out what the problem is I pic up a lot of power after 3k rpms but under 3k it sucks I can't even spin a tire on dirt can anyone look over my tune and see if something catches your eye

Here's my file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Just made some general changes for you. You might want to put roughly half of the original spark knock stuff back in - I just put a general "3" setting in them for you as it wasn't setup to pull timing at all. Also without a log can't tell for sure, but from the looks of your PE settings your MAF and or VE aren't dialed in correctly. He was commanding super rich at weird specific rpms usually a sign of improper MAF tuning. Then he's got your high and low timing tables set the same - nothing really wrong with it on these older ones as they'll still pull timing no matter what usually, just not the preferred way...

Like I said without a log really hard to tell, so go easy at first then see how it does.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

ok im going to put it in after lunch im not the best at tunning but i have been watching goatropegarage should i follow his guide on my ve and maf