Thread: LLY tune.

Tuner in Training

LLY tune.

I?m curious, I?ve looked around on the forums and have yet to find a decent LLY tune, I?m looking to make about 80hp over stock. I?m not sure what everyone means by 10/10, or 20/20 tunes.

https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum...a-tutorial.35/
    I know this is from a different platform, but this is what people are referring to

Have you read your file?
    If so post it up. I'm no expert but I'll look at it and see if I can get you headed in the right direction.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 01-31-2022 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added comment
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Here I took an LLY Tune and kind of applied what was in the link above...
    But instead of increasing the pulse width I increased the commanded mm3 in the throttle table, increased the TQ limiter to accommodate it.

You can compare this to your stock tune and get an idea of the changes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Just as an add you can put the turbocharger vane position 13236-7-8 in the 0 fuel rate column from 1,000 rpm and up to 100 percent. This will give you "decent" engine braking.

I need to try that engine brake. Havent done it yet since i tow minimally but...wish i could switch it on and off though.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned