Thread: 2015 Transit T-350 PCM Bricked by Dealer

2015 Transit T-350 PCM Bricked by Dealer

Hi guys,

I have a customer who drop me his Transit to try to figure out what happen. First thing , a muffler shop did a manifold/stud replacement. Since the truck never started again. Tow to the nearest dealer, they have no communication with the PCM so they can't flash a stock tune. They found another PCM , they flashed , crank but no start. They told customer there is wiring issues and the van was tow here.

Me I was able to flash a stock tune with a Write Entire , but there is no VIN or model on the info box. Like the PCM have lost the Template for the tune. No Check engine , No pids to log with Default Pid.

I removed the original PCM , installed the replacement. Physically the same , but the tune is from a 2016 Lincoln Navigator 3.5EB. I did a write entire of the Transit, I can log many pids , but I have around 20 DTC , Throttle , Transmission , Fuel pressure , Emission ... etc ...

Is something that is hard coded in each PCM ?

Transit

P/N: FK41-12A650-BA
    H/W: FL1A-12B684-AA

Lincoln

P/N: FL1A-12A650-BA
    H/W: FL1A-12A684-AA

What is the difference between the Parts Number and the Hardware Number ??

Thanks !

Potential Tuner
    The replacement PCM will need to be programmed with the VIN and flashed by the dealer. This can be done using Ford's IDS software if you have access to it. As far as I know the H/W number should not matter as long as the P/N matches it should work fine.

So the pcm can't be flash correctly if the p/n is not FK41 , is that right ?

Which pcm has no vin? The original or the replacement?
    You may be able to flash the correct software with Forscan and/or correct the vin.

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    Which pcm has no vin? The original or the replacement?
    You may be able to flash the correct software with Forscan and/or correct the vin.
    The original , Forscan can't connect , HS mode or the other .