Thread: 2018 6.7

2018 6.7

I can't find much about what I need to be able to tune this truck. 2018 Chassis Cab.

Does the ecu have to be sent in/modified or do I need a cable? Or both?

Thanks.
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

Banned
    You need an MPVI2+ and a security gateway bypass cable

Ok Thank you! A regular MPVI2 won't work?
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

Banned
    Need the MPVI2+, the MPVI2 you will not be able to see any of the mapped parameters or tables

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Need the MPVI2+, the MPVI2 you will not be able to see any of the mapped parameters or tables
    This might be the issue we are running in to. Keep getting an Air Fuel Control derate. And can't find a "smoke" limiter map in HPT Release or Beta. We have MPVI2 and seems like most everything is mapped out. Working on 2013 Chassis Cab DO90005.

Banned
    What?s mapped out in HPT is a sliver of what?s in these ECM?s but the lambda eq tables or what you refer to as smoke limiter are most definitely mapped out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    What?s mapped out in HPT is a sliver of what?s in these ECM?s but the lambda eq tables or what you refer to as smoke limiter are most definitely mapped out.
    Definitely agree. A very small fraction. Finally found the map in HPT. Just had to dig a little deeper. Thanks. Sorry to hijack.