Thread: Date and DayTime problem

Tuner in Training

Date and DayTime problem

Hi! I woluld like to have on the screen date and daytime. I can do it using "_Timer - Date and Time", but there are two problems I can not solve.

First problem: The date and time are shown in AM/PM format (Sep 8, 2021 3:48:48 AM) but I prefer European format like (08/09/20221 12:48:48). I do not see any way to change there date and time format.

Second problem: The time is off by 9 hours (probably timezone problem) but I do not see ways to set timezone to correct it.

Date/time examples above are from the same Gopro5 file. Sep 8, 2021 3:48:48 AM is shown by RaceRender, 08/09/20221 12:48:48 is shown by Dashware. As you can see, there is not only difference in format, RaceRender time is off by 9 hours.

Any ways to solve these problems?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
    Hi! I woluld like to have on the screen date and daytime. I can do it using "_Timer - Date and Time", but there are two problems I can not solve.

First problem: The date and time are shown in AM/PM format (Sep 8, 2021 3:48:48 AM) but I prefer European format like (08/09/20221 12:48:48). I do not see any way to change there date and time format.

Second problem: The time is off by 9 hours (probably timezone problem) but I do not see ways to set timezone to correct it.

Date/time examples above are from the same Gopro5 file. Sep 8, 2021 3:48:48 AM is shown by RaceRender, 08/09/20221 12:48:48 is shown by Dashware. As you can see, there is not only difference in format, RaceRender time is off by 9 hours.

Any ways to solve these problems?
    Unfortunately, the display object included with RaceRender can run into some issues when dealing with dates at the end of months. I'd highly recommend grabbing the timer rro from this post to avoid those issues: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post608727

To customize it with 24 hour time and timezone, you may need to have either the Advanced or Deluxe Edition of RaceRender (alternatively, I may be able to edit it for you if needed). You'll need to have you'll need to add it to your project and then double click on it to bring up the properties. From there, there should be a big "Open Script Editor" button in the middle of the properties. That will open a second window which allows you to edit some of the characteristics of the object itself including some of the code. Click on the Background Script button in the top left. Then update the appropriate lines:

Code:
    TimeZone = 2; // Set the desired UTC timezone here (-8 for Pacific, -7 Mountain, -6 Central, -5 Eastern)
    Code:
    ShowTimeAmPm = false; // Set to false to use a 24 hour clock
    Click OK to save the updates, and you should have what you need!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Unfortunately, the display object included with RaceRender can run into some issues when dealing with dates at the end of months. I'd highly recommend grabbing the timer rro from this post to avoid those issues: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post608727

To customize it with 24 hour time and timezone, you may need to have either the Advanced or Deluxe Edition of RaceRender (alternatively, I may be able to edit it for you if needed). You'll need to have you'll need to add it to your project and then double click on it to bring up the properties. From there, there should be a big "Open Script Editor" button in the middle of the properties. That will open a second window which allows you to edit some of the characteristics of the object itself including some of the code. Click on the Background Script button in the top left. Then update the appropriate lines:

Code:
    TimeZone = 2; // Set the desired UTC timezone here (-8 for Pacific, -7 Mountain, -6 Central, -5 Eastern)
    Code:
    ShowTimeAmPm = false; // Set to false to use a 24 hour clock
    Click OK to save the updates, and you should have what you need!
    Many-many thanx! Earlyer I several times opened script editor but was not smart enough to use Background Script button And you are right, my timezone is 2, default was -7 which gave 9 hours time shift. I also changed ShowDateISO to true, and have now 2021-02-18 date format what I wanted. And also thanx for new timer.rro link.