Thread: 2002 Silverado 4.8

Potential Tuner

2002 Silverado 4.8

Hi there, I'm new to tuning and I just bought a 2002 Silverado with a 4.8. I pulled the tune file and compared it to a stock tune I found in the repository and it's way different. But also on the stock tune I found there were some things that seemed off to me as well. Does someone have a stock tune that is for sure a stock tune? Or can someone look at this stock tune I found in the repository and assure me that it's stock? Thanks in advance!

Stock tune I downloaded from repository:

209715517.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by colten768 View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to tuning and I just bought a 2002 Silverado with a 4.8. I pulled the tune file and compared it to a stock tune I found in the repository and it's way different. But also on the stock tune I found there were some things that seemed off to me as well. Does someone have a stock tune that is for sure a stock tune? Or can someone look at this stock tune I found in the repository and assure me that it's stock? Thanks in advance!

Stock tune I downloaded from repository:

209715517.hpt
    Here ya go. Mine is a stock tune for a 2002 Silverado 4.8L 2wd with 3.42 gears. Looks like yours is a stock 2002 model 4wd with 3.73 gears.

2002silverado48Lbenchtunestock.hpt
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 02-08-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Senior Tuner
    There is not not one stock file for every year/vehicle/engine. You have to compare all the segments in each file to see if they all match exactly. Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges. Also go here https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter your VIN and see what segments it should have, if there have been updates and check the CVNs to see if your file has been modified.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 02-08-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here ya go. Mine is a stock tune for a 2002 Silverado 4.8L 2wd with 3.42 gears. Looks like yours is a stock 2002 model 4wd with 3.73 gears.

2002silverado48Lbenchtunestock.hpt
    Thank you so much. That seems to be what I need

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    There is not not one stock file for every year/vehicle/engine. You have to compare all the segments in each file to see if they all match exactly. Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges. Also go here https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter your VIN and see what segments it should have, if there have been updates and check the CVNs to see if your file has been modified.
    Oh ok. I appreciate your help. I will use that site