Thread: Ls1/92mmtb/deepmotor lowrise intake/36lbhr ev1 injectors stock heads 11:1

Tuner in Training

Angry Ls1/92mmtb/deepmotor lowrise intake/36lbhr ev1 injectors stock heads 11:1

Im having a hard time with this and need some insight.
    tuned idle, Tuned VE, Tuned MAF ran great all individually
    VE- Attempted to fail MAF as suggested, MAF fail freq high=0,P0101-P0103 mil on first error, PE disabled STFT/LTFT disabled, Dynamic Airflow high rpm disable-8000, DFCO disabled. max out closed loop enable vs IAT
    PROBLEM- only got a P0101 code, changes made to VE table from collected data only effected engine/afr if MAF was unplugged
    MAF- tuned this chart with my DTC'S back to normal and my freq fail high back to normal and Dynamic Airflow Rpm disable-200 but everything else the same.
    got it to run great
    PROBLEM- When i turned everything back on it was extremely lean. I did a little back testing to pinpoint the issue and narrowed it down to my closed loop enable vs IAT chart. also it seems like @4000rpm ( what i understand the transition from VE to MAF) it pretty much kills the engine.
    MORAL OF THE STORY- what am i doing wrong with my setups to tune each chart? why when i turn everything back on its like i just wasted a solid day of getting this tuned.Theres no reason in my mind why i should have to unplug the MAF when i failed it to tune my VE. I think that and me turning off my clossed loop vs IAT screwed me from the start.
    where do i go from here? i feel as if im off the charts now

Senior Tuner
    Post your SD tune when you get a chance. Maybe we can see something that you've overlooked.

Tuning Addict
    When you unplugged your MAF, you also unplugged your IAT which would have falsely skewed your fueling overly rich resulting in you taking way too much out when you tuned the VE.

Do like Kevin said and post the VE file. Someone should be able to point it out for you.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    When you unplugged your MAF, you also unplugged your IAT which would have falsely skewed your fueling overly rich resulting in you taking way too much out when you tuned the VE.

Do like Kevin said and post the VE file. Someone should be able to point it out for you.
    I tried to tune it with out unplugging the MAF but my copy and paste % will move my chart up or down for whatever its calling for but not make any changes to AFR or the way the engine runs. say it wants 10% added from 40kpa-80kpa @ 800rpm-1400 ill make my adjustment write re log and it will still be asking for 10% in the same area. i could do that all day long. UNLESS I unplug maf then my change works the first time i enter. I also dont know how to export the file. when i open my VE or any chart it wont let me export just print

Tuning Addict
    Go to GO Advanced - manage attachments - add the whole tune where you failed the MAF. If logging correctly you should be altering individual cells in the VE or MAF tables instead of just section modifying. Although you were probably just doing that to test I imagine.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

I did not adjust every hit cell individually i copied sections where it told me the afr +,- was and pasted into my VE table MULT BY % obviously i made sure my chart didnt have large spikes, tried to keep everything smooth the whole process. keep in mind im new at this,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Is this the one that's supposed to have the failed MAF? If it is, it's not setup right in the tune - but you need to change your fail high frequency to 1 or 0 and you can even lower your p0101 table really low too. Then change your maf dtc's to set on first error.

Your VE table looks higher than it should possibly be at load and then too low around idle. Your MAF is way off and should start over while keeping it smooth.

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjo96 View Post
    I did not adjust every hit cell individually i copied sections where it told me the afr +,- was and pasted into my VE table MULT BY % obviously i made sure my chart didnt have large spikes, tried to keep everything smooth the whole process. keep in mind im new at this,
    Here ya go. Load this one and see how it performs.

wilson 69 SD Tune KW1.hpt

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Is this the one that's supposed to have the failed MAF? If it is, it's not setup right in the tune - but you need to change your fail high frequency to 1 or 0 and you can even lower your p0101 table really low too. Then change your maf dtc's to set on first error.

Your VE table looks higher than it should possibly be at load and then too low around idle. Your MAF is way off and should start over while keeping it smooth.
    I must Have not saved the file prior to turning those things back on but i promise i know i had them turned off while sd tuning. I put my frequency to 1, turned my p0101-103 to first error, dynamic airflow high rpm disable to 8000. My biggest problem is i cant get any of my data logging changes to actually effect the way the engine runs in sd unless i unplug the MAF now i tried to get around unplugging it yesterday by de pinning the MAF wire (yellow wire) but leaving it plugged in so i still had my IAT still no luck, I can data log and adjust multiple times no effect on AFR or the way the engine runs. the second i unplug the MAF my changes that i have made to my sd effect the engine. I want to also state that when i try to fail the MAF i only get a p0101 no 102 or 103, when i unplugged the MAF wire i got a 102-no 101 or 103 , im going to attach a different file where i think i was closer at one point. feel like im out to lunch NOW because i have thrown the kitchen sink at it

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post

WILL DO!!!! I will let you know what we are looking like here shortly. I want to thank everyone for there help also i appreciate it!

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post

So heres what i got man, i got my 103 ive been looking for, I was interested in your changes from mine so i went through all tabs what stuck out to me the most was what you changed in the engine diag section. Now i took 3 data log runs gathered data applied my changes smoothed it out manually a little so it wasent a mountain and this is what i came up with. i may not be a pro but it looks to me as if the mid range rpm from 60 kpa VE#'s are very high ( you will see what im saying). stuck confused as to why my adjustments to ve arent making a difference still dont have a p0101 or a 102 code to go along with the 103

Senior Tuner
    P0101 is a MAF performance code. It sets when the predicted airflow is too far out from what the MAF actual air flow is. You are failing the MAF so it won't set. P0102 is a MAF low code. It sets when the output of the MAF is lower than expected. Typically sets when using a MAF and it is dirty or loses it's 12V power or ground. You are not using a MAF so... it is setting the P0103 since you set the MAF fail to 0 and any MAF signal of 0 or greater sets that code. When purposely running in SD P0103 is typically the only MAF code that sets. People will say to set all 3 to MIL on first error but really P0103 is the only one you need to set that way when setting MAF Fail to 0. P0103 is all you need to be running in SD.

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    P0101 is a MAF performance code. It sets when the predicted airflow is too far out from what the MAF actual air flow is. You are failing the MAF so it won't set. P0102 is a MAF low code. It sets when the output of the MAF is lower than expected. Typically sets when using a MAF and it is dirty or loses it's 12V power or ground. You are not using a MAF so... it is setting the P0103 since you set the MAF fail to 0 and any MAF signal of 0 or greater sets that code. When purposely running in SD P0103 is typically the only MAF code that sets. People will say to set all 3 to MIL on first error but really P0103 is the only one you need to set that way when setting MAF Fail to 0. P0103 is all you need to be running in SD.
    My data logged changes to VE table in editor made no changes after 3 test even with the p0103 on, something is stopping my changes to VE from actually making the engine run differently (unless unplug MAF. in return losing IAT,=bad)

Tuner in Training
    MY tune i shared with GHuggins this morning is the best one that i have. the engine runs the best the way it is untill i turn everything back on, then its like i didnt even tune it

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjo96 View Post
    So heres what i got man, i got my 103 ive been looking for, I was interested in your changes from mine so i went through all tabs what stuck out to me the most was what you changed in the engine diag section. Now i took 3 data log runs gathered data applied my changes smoothed it out manually a little so it wasent a mountain and this is what i came up with. i may not be a pro but it looks to me as if the mid range rpm from 60 kpa VE#'s are very high ( you will see what im saying). stuck confused as to why my adjustments to ve arent making a difference still dont have a p0101 or a 102 code to go along with the 103
    The VE table is definitely a bit high in the mid range. That is typically indicative of low fuel pressure or incorrect injector data. Which EV1 injectors are you using? Did they come with the characterization data? How does it run with this SD file that you posted?

Tuning Addict
    Just read through everything and looked at your last tune. Bad pump, injectors or injector data is most likely your issue just like Kevin stated. Your VE is way over what it should be - even considered injection timing if you have a radical cam, turbo or a mod of that nature, but you don't have any of that, sooo... That would even explain the MAF table that I said was way off - it's way over inflated...

Hook up a mechanical gauge and check you pressure while driving. Should stay rock steady.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

Maf/ve

im seeing all these comments a day late. I ended up throwing my best tune back in yesterday . this is where i had VE and MAF tuned where the engine ran best and made the most power i will share the the file of the progress i made yesterday. this was the tune i maxed out my closed loop enable- ECT vs IAT chart and tuned VE with MAF unplugged (only way my changes to VE table made a difference with the way the engine ran)
    it made 515hp @6580 and 437ftlbs of tq. noticed my AFR looked really good.