Thread: 3800 Fuel Level and Brake Signals Useage

3800 Fuel Level and Brake Signals Useage

Howdy,

Running the 3800 L67 ECM out of a 2000 GTP as effectively as a stand alone so I've zeroed out or disabled the codes for transmission and emissions stuff but wonder if I can also take out the fuel level and brake pedal signals since I'm not running cruise control. Does the fuel level get used as a reset for timing offsets as I've heard some ECM strategies doing? Does the brake pedal input trigger some sort of decel lean out or other strategy?

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    Experimental Physicist

Current:
    1964 Riviera (4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 PCM)
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (3.8 GDI, 8spd Aisin)
    1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 (454, 4L80E)
    SOLD:
    1970 Riviera
    1965 Riviera GS (465 Super Wildcat, SP400) #'s Matching
    1967 Skylark Deluxe
    1997.5 Regal GS

The fuel level doesn't change anything. That failure is one of the most common things in those cars and it never does anything to how the engine runs. I've replaced many fuel level sensors in the past and it was only because they didn't want to run out of gas or deal with the full/empty swing of a bad sensor.

The brake pedal switch I suppose could trigger a downshift for engine braking but because you aren't even running a stock transmission, that is all out the window.

The L67 computer is super basic, it doesn't do anything fancy at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.