Thread: anyone have a read on a riva tune or modified tune for seadoo?

Question anyone have a read on a riva tune or modified tune for seadoo?

just wondering if someone has a riva tune file for a seadoo or any modified files? everyone claims riva gets better fuel economy but looking at the commanded af, i feel like seadoo is lean as is. i am used to automotive tuning tho, but the commanded af for a supercharged engine of any kind is normally richer than what i see in the seadoo tune. mainly mid throttle and rpm. so id like to see what everyone else is doing to the fueling. since there is no o2 sensor, im reluctant to even adjust it. guess youcould tap the exhauhst for one but w all the water in the exhaust idk how a wideband would work really lmao
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Tuner
    the stock tune for a 300 is lean to begin with.
    Riva is tuning via injector PW, not VE...
    if you have access to the Riva map editor you can just copy the injection correction table into HP tuners.

I don't feel the way they're doing it is the best way, it works, but I feel tuning VE table is the "proper" way.
    of course, you'll need an O2 sensor installed in the exhaust maniforl if you want to tune it with VE.

Advanced Tuner
    You could read the .bin on any ecu, then convert to HPT file & read that way

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    You could read the .bin on any ecu, then convert to HPT file & read that way

how do you do that?

Advanced Tuner
    Use any software that will read the .bin then use HPT file converter to convert

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Use any software that will read the .bin then use HPT file converter to convert
    like ktag or something like that? wich pcm uses this aplication?
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc_racing View Post
    like ktag or something like that? wich pcm uses this aplication?
    There are many computer programs that can read a .bin file, pick one that you like.

Advanced Tuner
    Really is that easy? I and the definition we're they get it??

Potential Tuner
    I Don't have a file. You can tap the exhaust and do a single test. Once done take the sensor out and screw on a threaded cap. I do this on my builds. Once the Afr is set l, it's set. If you're not a builder then leave it in it should last a year or so.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLonne View Post
    I Don't have a file. You can tap the exhaust and do a single test. Once done take the sensor out and screw on a threaded cap. I do this on my builds. Once the Afr is set l, it's set. If you're not a builder then leave it in it should last a year or so.
    I have dashPac on mine, so I'm always looking at AFR's.. LOL

Tuner in Training
    How are you extracting it from the ECU?

As far as the Riva tunes they mostly use the injection correction table and keep the lambda stock. So it is lean.