Thread: NEWBIE. 545/65rfe torque converter lockup WOT

Tuner in Training

Thumbs down NEWBIE. 545/65rfe torque converter lockup WOT

Hi,
    I just ordered my HP tuners, and I'm pretty familiar with how to use it, I have a 2012-5.7/545rfe hemi swapped 71 roadrunner + (75shot) I tuned A year ago using a friends HP tunners, and a 2011 ram 65rfe tuned by Jay Green Diablo (because i bought his cam also). soon ill be redoing his tune myself on that tuck as well because he isn't able to get WOT lockup.

I am wondering what the trick is to get WOT lockup on both these transmissions. The car I tuned a year ago, and the tables are set to lockup at about 2000rpm driveshaft speed in all gears (2-6), wot, but I'm not getting lockup at WOT , 4th might be locking but its to fast to tell in such a old shaky loud car (115mph in a old chassis at a dragstrip and your not paying much attention) And the ram was tuned with diablo by jay green, who attempted to get lockup at WOT, but it didn't happen. he said he is missing a table or something. I am assuming ill have the same problem as i had with the car and he had with the truck when i try it this week.

the truck gets part throttle lock, but when you reach 100% throttle, it kicks it out of lockup, almost like a protection thing.

With Hp tunners in the mail, id like to get a head start on what has to be done to get this lockup working with HP tuners in both these cars at WOT. especially the truck which i tow with a lot in the mountains , and the 3200 stall might get hot on the hills
    I appreciate any help you guys can give me with this.
    Thanks
    Nick Mineau
    Last edited by nmineau; 02-15-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nmineau View Post
    Hi,
    I just ordered my HP tuners, and I'm pretty familiar with how to use it, I have a 2012-5.7/545rfe hemi swapped 71 roadrunner + (75shot) I tuned A year ago using a friends HP tunners, and a 2011 ram 65rfe tuned by Jay Green Diablo (because i bought his cam also). soon ill be redoing his tune myself on that tuck as well because he isn't able to get WOT lockup.

I am wondering what the trick is to get WOT lockup on both these transmissions. The car I tuned a year ago, and the tables are set to lockup at about 2000rpm driveshaft speed in all gears (2-6), wot, but I'm not getting lockup at WOT , 4th might be locking but its to fast to tell in such a old shaky loud car (115mph in a old chassis at a dragstrip and your not paying much attention) And the ram was tuned with diablo by jay green, who attempted to get lockup at WOT, but it didn't happen. he said he is missing a table or something. I am assuming ill have the same problem as i had with the car and he had with the truck when i try it this week.

the truck gets part throttle lock, but when you reach 100% throttle, it kicks it out of lockup, almost like a protection thing.

With Hp tunners in the mail, id like to get a head start on what has to be done to get this lockup working with HP tuners in both these cars at WOT. especially the truck which i tow with a lot in the mountains , and the 3200 stall might get hot on the hills
    I appreciate any help you guys can give me with this.
    Thanks
    Nick Mineau

I got it working. i just had to add some 100% throttle tables. if anyone needs help with this just let me know.

Potential Tuner

Thank you

I got it working. i just had to add some 100% throttle tables. if anyone needs help with this just let me know.
    Just for the record. Most hp tuner users know to change the tps column. Can you do anything about the buck routine that pulls out the converter and closes the throttle body at wot in most stock sit ups?

Tuner in Training db.charlie@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Can you go into a little more detail? I have a 68rfe that I'm tuning and have layer with the 100% tps lockup but can't get it to do it consistently. Any screen shots of what you are talking about would be helpful. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    you need set all the partial to full lock rpms to 0. and also have a 100% throttle table for everything, including the unlock tables.

Tuner in Training
    full lock to partial lock needs to be set at 0 as well i think of the top of my head. ill post my tune soon on here so you can copy the paramaters over and try it

Tuner in Training
    full lock to partial lock needs to be set at 0 as well i think of the top of my head. ill post my tune soon on here so you can copy the paramaters over and try it
    intresting. I would also be interested in seeing the file nmineau

Potential Tuner
    Where do you find throttle tables in the transmission menu?

Never mind, I just found it!
    Last edited by Kwik22; 02-20-2023 at 06:07 PM.