Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car won't start..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Does the scanner still connect to the ECM?
    If so it reports battery voltage on the bottom scroll line.

IIRC the editor reports the same thing on the bottom info bar.

If you are below 10.5 or above 15 you are in trouble... Battery needs a charge if low reported. At least a 2A trickle charge. If high, do you have a charger on it? If so, reduce the charge to a minimum.
    yes the scanner works with the car attached. I will confirm charge on it tomorrow under the logs.

EDIT: Actually it does not work period.
    Last edited by sneaky; 01-03-2007 at 08:08 AM.

buy a new ecm. or go to junkyard. see what happens then.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

If worse comes to worse. Charge the battery a while and then do a "Write Entire".
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Update: I got the car running, a write entire was needed but the problem followed me when I tried to tune another members car (same year), we had another set of interface cables to see if the problem was the interface from the laptop to the little hp tuners box, and a cable from that to the ODBII Port but swapping cables didn't help, neither did my other laptop. I think I have a defective tuning box. It works when IT wants to. Another members works perfectly mine(there HP Tuners box), the box doesn't want to connect to the interface half the time. I know it's the box because the problem followed except when the box was replaced with another members hp tuners cable and box all together.

I need resolution ASAP as I cannot go tuning cars wishing upon a star my tuner box works. The activity light flashes making you think something is happening but never does and times out. I will post pictures very shortly of all the cool different errors I keep getting.

-Mike
    Last edited by sneaky; 01-03-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Tuner
    BTW, the car was in the run position but the hp tuners box won't recongize the interface to the car 1/2 the time. It took 27 times to do a write entire before it finally accept and the car had PERFECT voltage out of the battery so that was not an issue. Also, the headlamps and all other accessories were off as well.

Here is what I had to deal with for 4 hours before it decided it would finally work... don't mind the get new hardware in the last picture. That's when I hooked up a mouse. Nothing to do with the interface.

-Mike
    Last edited by sneaky; 01-03-2007 at 07:50 AM.

Its kinda a bad idea to do writes to your car when using battery power on your laptop. I know thats not your problem though. It does seem strange to me, though, that you say the headlights were off and whatnot. Thats odd.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    Its kinda a bad idea to do writes to your car when using battery power on your laptop. I know thats not your problem though. It does seem strange to me, though, that you say the headlights were off and whatnot. Thats odd.
    Battery power or not it still won't flash I took EVERYTHING out of the equation. The laptop was plugged into the wall for the longest time and still was giving me shit.

Tuner
    Who do I talk to about getting a warranty replacement box?

-Mike

Mike, please send me an e-mail with a link to this thread.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ken handles all hardware issues...normally he'll as for you to send out your unit for testing & if it is found defective they will either fix your current unit or send you a new one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Here is my e-mail I sent to HPT support

To whom this may concern,

I have been having difficulties with my HP Tuners Kit I received from day one. I have narrowed the problem down to the HP Tuners box. To see specifics on my case please refer to this post on your tuning portion of the forum.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...7533#post67533

I have tried another friends USB cable and ODBII cable which both interface with the HP Tuners box and ruled out the cables as being the issue. I have also reverted to trying anything and everything suggested to me whether it was to check fuses, battery power, my HPT Cables. I tried using two different laptops with the HP Tuners version 2.1.14 of the software and to no avail that did not work. I thought perhaps I had a bad CD so I downloaded a copy off the website and installed it only to find that did not work either.

Attached to the post above is screen shots of the underlying issues I keep getting. The box was fighting me from day one of use. Yesterday, it almost left a friend of mine stranded because we did his injector install only to find we could not get out of the vicious timeout error loop we ran into. A Write combination would work ΒΌ of the time but would not remove the security light and when doing a write entire it would work when it felt like interfacing.

Please advise when I can expect resolution to the issue. Thanks

-Mike

Tuner
    One more thing I wanted to mention was the box was making a rattling noise inside. It's been like this since I pulled it out of the superchips box it was packed in. But for the record my friends HPT box rattles too. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I thought I would let you know so I'm not going crazy.

Please e-mail me, support e-mails do not get sent to me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Please e-mail me, support e-mails do not get sent to me.
    I have sent the e-mail to you. Thanks

-Mike

Tuner
    Keith,

My package is in route today. I will be shipping UPS Ground. Made it to your attention and placed an original copy of the e-mail per your request in the box.

Here is proof I packed the cables, and HPT box real snug for safe transportation in bubble wrap and put peanuts around them so it stops them from moving around. I also double taped the box. I will be sending you the tracking number via e-mail AND PM shortly. If you have any questions please let me know. Hope to see everything gets resolved soon.

Thanks

-Mike

Tuner
    bump, I sent Keith/Support a reminder e-mail. In need of getting box back soon. Please advise on turn around time. Thanks!

-Mike

Checked both cables and the interface, cannot duplicate the problem.. everything checks out ok.

Regardless, I'll be sending you all new components out tomorrow.

Tuner
    Checked both cables and the interface, cannot duplicate the problem.. everything checks out ok.

Regardless, I'll be sending you all new components out tomorrow.
    To what address? Please advise. This is important.

-Mike

e-mail me the return address.

Tuner
    e-mail me the return address.
    Done, when can I expect product?

-Mike