Thread: Optimize boosted v6 (dodge charger) tune

Tuner in Training

Optimize boosted v6 (dodge charger) tune

I'm trying to do this myself and I'm having issues. But I need help for real. And I wonder if I just have too much boost and compression for 93oct. 16.7psi at 7k and 10.2:1cr.

My timing was great this morning. I could go wot and no knock. This evening it warms up and knock is evident. So do I need to retard the timing more! It's almost at zero in the 4k range?
    And I notice the afr will be rich on one run and then couple min later I do a similar pull and afr is good but it pulls timing. Idk I'm at a loss.

I do pulls in 3 or 4th. I start at 2 to 3k and floor it and let it go. Sometimes it pulls timing and sometimes it doesn't.
    Last edited by BoostBuilder; 02-17-2022 at 05:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    What year Charger? The later model V6 Chrysler products can require a lot of work on the timing and cam tables due to the VVT on both intake and exhaust.

I wouldn't push more than 10/11 psi on stock internals. If ur up in the 16# range you need e85 and meth which stock injectors wouldn't be able to push. Im sure u upgraded those.

Give me some info on the build. What setup is it?

I push 20* on stock v6 with ripp or sprintex setups but also only pushing 10/11 psi max on 93 octane without issue.