Thread: Funky idle problems

Tuner in Training

Funky idle problems

I've been working on getting my car to start/run and hot start. It's getting a lot better but I noticed when I go to restart the car after warmed up I sometimes get a high idle. I noticed the tps% is higher after the restart? I also noticed that the STIT/LTIT aren't working but they should be enabled? If someone would be willing to look at my tune/log I'd much appreciate it. I need to be able to hot start the car reliably before I feel comfortable going on longer drives to work on the tune. The setup is a 2003 DBC 5.3 SD/decapped injectors/GT45 turbo 4L80E. PS for the cold start I put it in reverse for the duration of the tune to log desired AF.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bjewell; 02-18-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Tuner
    first.... There might be a small screw for the throttle body that will get your TPS% to zero. Usually the idle trims will stop updating if the throttle position sensor is reading something. Look at your idle trim updates in the tune and see when the TPS starts and stops the idle trims. If there is no screw.... I would get another TPS. If you have a friend with one, swap it real quick and see if that one stays at zero. There shouldn't be any movement of the TPS if you aren't hitting the throttle yourself. Idle awfully high in my opinion but... Its just an opinion. Hope this helps a little??