Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSA 6.0 Torque values high

Tuner in Training
    The injectors look like the ones on their site under "1300cc", they look different than the 85lb ones that were removed. I attached the injector data they sent me, in the even someone sees something wrong vs my tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    So I just realized I had my passenger side pcv vent unhooked so it was just sucking atmosphere air. I had planned to route it to pull after the MAF in the charge tube and put a check valve on it to keep from pressuring the crankcase with boost but didn't know if that would work.

Yeah I know I can just vent it which is what I am doing now, but I don't want to smell it.

After I plugged the manifold pcv port and disabled closed loop and dynamic airmass, it was reading about 10-20% rich, that would explain the high airmass but maybe not the .9 grams when it should be .65 which would almost be 40%.

I also don't think it can explain the airmass surge at WOT when it's all the way spooled up, but I guess I will try it out with boost pcv sides vented.

Tuner in Training
    Just bumping this up if anyone has any other ideas. I'm starting to think its just the injector data. Car runs great, cruises great etc, it just bothers me the MAF had to be scaled so high having throwing the torque readings off. If there is a solution, I'm all ears

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    How sure are you that the injectors are actually what they're supposed to be? Hate to be the one to bring it up but, you know...
    Have you verified, like with real-world eyeballs, that the injectors are what they are supposed to be? I'm still really suspicious, since this started when the injectors were supposedly swapped, and none of the injector data was changed at time of install and also not much really changed in the tune file. One thing that would explain all the weirdness then and since then is that the injectors never actually got changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    shouldnt need to scale for 1300cc on a LSA ecu or at worst scaling just doing the stoich/IFR/IVT scaling dosnt affect the air model, usually scaling airmass for larger injectors shifts airmass lower not higher

Tuner in Training
    Injectors are verified. I've never heard/read you shouldnt need to scaled for 1300cc on a e38. Can someone explain more?

A 'real' LSA ECM would be a late E67 with 127lb injector limit; this is a LSA blower installed on a N/A G8 with an early (63lb) E38. Midway through 2009 both E38 & E67 changed internal hardware.

I still have not seen an explanation for how it went from apparently running OK with the previous injectors & tune, and then much larger injectors got swapped in with zero changes to any of the injector data and only very minor changes to the rest of the tune file. Something is tweaking my little feelers here.

Senior Tuner
    ok so 1300cc on early e38, since u cant split it in half as fuel pressure is 58psi u will have to either lower fuel pressure enough so the flow rate can be 126lb so it can be halved by the 63lb limit, or u have to scale 2/3 by fuel and the 1/3 by airflow to get it right, or u can try the volts multiplier it works on some ecu, the closer the injector data is mathematically the better it will all be so any scaling must equal out, then as the airflow has been scaled u will have to correct the virtual torque so its back to right

Tuner in Training
    I still have not seen an explanation for how it went from apparently running OK with the previous injectors & tune, and then much larger injectors got swapped in with zero changes to any of the injector data and only very minor changes to the rest of the tune file. Something is tweaking my little feelers here.
    I don't think I'm explaining it well enough.

1300cc injectors were put in but the injector data was never changed, it would get leaner and leaner the more e85 i added. I changed the injector data,to the "correct" data hoping to fix it. Fueling seems good now, but i had to scale the MAF much higher with the new injector data, making the torque reading much higher than they should be.

Senior Tuner
    are u showing ethanol content ? u dont have the sender diagnosis enabled in the tune file ecm330 , is the afr commanded changing so suit ethanol ? u may be adding ethanol but the stoich isnt adjusting for it so it just leans out