Thread: Gen3 timing in SD? Table doesn't match

Tuner in Training

Gen3 timing in SD? Table doesn't match

Hello all. I'm fairly new to tuning (less than 1 year). I am running in speed density with no MAF sensor installed. I have tuned VE and fuel and now wanted to get started on the timing table. My issue is that since I don't have a MAF I have to take my spark advance/KR log in kPa using the MAP sensor. It logs with no issues, but the only table my editor has uses Mass Air on the Y axis and I haven't found a way to change it. How do I know where on the timing table to make adjustments? Thank you in advance.

The spark tables use cylinder airmass and rpm. So just log those two channels and you can make the scanner match the editor for spark tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I tried to log it that way but it only logs the top line of the graph. I assumed it was because the MAF wasn't installed. So there is a setting for cylinder air mass that doesn't use MAF sensor?

If it only logs the top row that means you are missing the other channel in the main channels list. Both cylinder airmass and rpm need to be logged.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it only logs the top row that means you are missing the other channel in the main channels list. Both cylinder airmass and rpm need to be logged.
    Is there a way to log cylinder airmass without a Mass Airflow sensor installed?

Yes, that channel always works no matter what. Cylinder airmass is a completely separate channel than the MAF sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. That's what confused me I think. i didn't have it in the main channel because it said "Sensor" beside it. I just assumed it didn't work since I had no sensor. I'll give it another shot when I get home. Thank you so much once again for the help!

Tuner in Training
    How did this work for you? I am running into the same issue. I cannot seem to add Cylinder Airmass as a channel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by whty8911 View Post
    How did this work for you? I am running into the same issue. I cannot seem to add Cylinder Airmass as a channel.
    It worked perfect for me once I found the right channel. You have to add cylinder airmass to the channel on the left of the screen and then setup your histogram after.

Tuner in Training
    What channel did you reference? When I search cylinder airmass, nothing comes up in the channel list.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by whty8911 View Post
    What channel did you reference? When I search cylinder airmass, nothing comes up in the channel list.
    Click: "Add Channel" at the top left. Looks like a gear with a green plus sign. Then click the plus sign beside the "Engine" folder. The click the plus sign beside the "Airflow" folder. Then click the plus sign beside the "Cylinder" folder and then cylinder airmass is there.

Tuner in Training
    I will check when I get home tonight. I searched for "Cylinder" "Mass" "Air" and also opened all subcategories and came up short.