Thread: 2018 5.3 Silverado E85 conversion

Potential Tuner

2018 5.3 Silverado E85 conversion

I converted my 2018 5.3 Silverado to E85 with a Kit that has the E85 sensor did the programmining with the HPtuner like this Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_WeWK06zWM filled it with E85 drove it all day and it ran great but then the engin light came on. I have not hooked up a scanner yet to look at the code. Any help on what may be wrong or point me to a good tune would help. Thanks in advance for the help. I Have a HPtuner and the credits.

Can't really help much without your tune file and the code you are getting.

Only that code is going to tell you where to look.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't really help much without your tune file and the code you are getting.

Only that code is going to tell you where to look.
    The codes said it was running lean on bak 1 and 2 so I saved the information and cleared the codes. I hooked up the HP and read the vehicle. I looked at the settings the stoich was ok and the diags were set ok but the sensor had to be set from virtual to sensor, and it had to be enabled and I also had to set the minimum level on the flex to 10% and the max to 85%.

Flashed it then read it again and checked all of the setting seemed to be good. Started it up and it is running good.
    Last edited by Robvan; 02-22-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone share how their E85 mod is doing?

Tuner in Training
    if i am not mistaken e85 has a faster burn rate meaning if you have your tune set to pump fuel you will be lean as you need more fuel to keep your desired af ratio
    1996 5.7 vortec k1500 (4x4) 411 pcm swap ,lt4/lt1 hot cam ,1.6 rockers, mpfi upgrade, cai, long tube headers ,true dual exhaust getting ready for the turbo
    lmk if you need help with your 96-99 vortec just text my number
    email :[email protected]
    (956)784-1824

Potential Tuner
    So far it is going great seems to be running as good or better that when I used unleaded gas.

Tuner in Training
    i completely mis read what you said in that case the truck was maybe learning the fuel trims while the code was set?
    1996 5.7 vortec k1500 (4x4) 411 pcm swap ,lt4/lt1 hot cam ,1.6 rockers, mpfi upgrade, cai, long tube headers ,true dual exhaust getting ready for the turbo
    lmk if you need help with your 96-99 vortec just text my number
    email :[email protected]
    (956)784-1824