Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 mustang gt new too tuning

Tuner in Training

2016 mustang gt new too tuning

I got a SCT tuner from VMP and they could not tune my gt 350 TB so I had to put the stock one back on I have it tuned on e-85 with the stock TB and it runs ok but I?m wanting to switch over too hp tuners can I keep that vmp tune or do I have to go back to stock and start over ? Please help already wasted enuf money

Advanced Tuner
    whats your strategy? which VMP tunes did you purchase? Justin did alot of testing with the GT350 manifold and TB, so i am not sure why he couldnt tune that combination that is very interesting to me.

Tuner in Training
    Also, I would like to mention that we do not recommend the GT350 throttle bodies due to known issues with surging and stalling - these concerns are not something that can/will be addressed in the tune file.
    We can write the initial tune for the GT350 throttle body, but if you experience an issue that is thought to be related to the GT350 throttle body, we will recommend installing the stock throttle body, and using an adapter plate to pair the stock throttle body with the GT350 intake manifold: https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-G...-adapter-plate.

A $49.99 custom tune update will need to be purchased to have the file updated for the stock throttle body.
    The stock throttle body will offer more desirable drivability, and there is not a significant power difference between the stock and GT350 TBs.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinrob View Post
    Also, I would like to mention that we do not recommend the GT350 throttle bodies due to known issues with surging and stalling - these concerns are not something that can/will be addressed in the tune file.
    We can write the initial tune for the GT350 throttle body, but if you experience an issue that is thought to be related to the GT350 throttle body, we will recommend installing the stock throttle body, and using an adapter plate to pair the stock throttle body with the GT350 intake manifold: https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-G...-adapter-plate.

A $49.99 custom tune update will need to be purchased to have the file updated for the stock throttle body.
    The stock throttle body will offer more desirable drivability, and there is not a significant power difference between the stock and GT350 TBs.
    can you post you tune file or strategy off SCT device?

Tuner in Training
    it wont attach

Tuner in Training

target n error

me tuning e85 hp tuners having problems getting the 02 sensor bias set up I got it too work with the f150 set up adjusting for e85 but had a target n issue I tap the throttle up past 1,000 rmps it goes up to 2,000 on its own and stays there every time I reflash the cal the o2 sensor are not working stuck on lean takes changing the bias to something else and reflashing get it working but as soon as I flash another change right back to the same problem
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    me tuning e85 hp tuners having problems getting the 02 sensor bias set up I got it too work with the f150 set up adjusting for e85 but had a target n issue I tap the throttle up past 1,000 rmps it goes up to 2,000 on its own and stays there every time I reflash the cal the o2 sensor are not working stuck on lean takes changing the bias to something else and reflashing get it working but as soon as I flash another change right back to the same problem
    So you have Gt350 Intake and Throttle Body Installed, any other MODS besides E-85?

Tuner in Training
    2016 mustang GT
    Gt 350 cold air intake
    I took off the gt 350 Throttlebody and put the stock one back on
    I have a stock manifold
    Bbk long tube headers
    Straight pipes all the way out no Cadillac converters
    MGW sort throw shifter

Advanced Tuner
    2016 mustang GT
    Gt 350 cold air intake
    I took off the gt 350 Throttlebody and put the stock one back on
    I have a stock manifold
    Bbk long tube headers
    Straight pipes all the way out no Cadillac converters
    MGW sort throw shifter
    do you still have your SCT Device?

Tuner in Training
    Yea

Advanced Tuner
    [QUOTE=Smokinrob;679748]Yea[/QU]

I can try and send you a file to try utilizing the gt350 TB, but i would need the X4 serial number..

Tuner in Training
    I would like too just figure out this hp tuner and just move forward with that

Tuner in Training
    Anybody?

Advanced Tuner
    Anybody?
    ii understand thought i would offer, so to fix your tune you will need the MAF Period from GT350 File, Multiple O2 transport delay & Time Constant by 1.10 or 1.15 to make up the time from stock manifolds to LT header.

02 Sensor Biar FFV.JPG GT350 CAI.JPG
    Last edited by mstang_man; 03-08-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Did u look at my log and tune I posted about the target N

your LTFT off by 29% and multiplying maf flow by 1.29 should solve your issue
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Witch problem?

Tuner in Training
    I cant even get the e85 to work this error is all I get
    0x7E8: P2195 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean - Bank 1, Sensor 1 (Pending)
    0x7E8: P2197 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean - Bank 2, Sensor 1 (Pending)2016 mustang gt flex.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    [QUOTE=Smokinrob;680009]I cant even get the e85 to work this error is all I get
    0x7E8: P2195 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean - Bank 1, Sensor 1 (Pending)
    0x7E8: P2197 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean - Bank 2, Sensor 1 (Pending)2016 mustang gt flex.hpt[/QUO

Advanced Tuner
    I missed that part of the conversation but as Small Tuner stated you MAF out of whack.

MAF Airflow.JPG
    Last edited by mstang_man; 03-09-2022 at 12:17 PM.