Thread: 02 Grand Cherokee 4l

Tuning Addict

02 Grand Cherokee 4l

Seems I'm having lots of issues all of a sudden with hpt.

OK, for those who know JTEC's - I need to know if it's possible to tune an 02 Grand Cherokee's ecm. I can read the file out no problem. I can modify it without any weird warnings or anything, then go to flash it and it won't even let me license it - just says do not license - can't even see the number of credits required grayed out or anything. I've already sent in request to support, but seems to be taking forever to hear back on other issues I've been having with the software, so figured I would ask here to see if anyone knew a work around or anything of that nature or possibly even something I'm just doing wrong. Or is it as simple as hpt just needing to add it to their poll.

I know on supported vehicles it only shows supported up to 01 and then from 04 on - it's like 02 and 03's were just forgotten even though as far as I can tell they're pretty much exactly the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Did you get any solution? I'm having the same problem with a 2002 Wrangler 2.5. One thing that I notiece is that in calibration details, the VIN is mising 3 digits, so I suspect that's the problem of trying to licence it

Tuning Addict
    It made me enter in the VIN by hand before reading on mine - wouldn't poll it when requested. I went back and forth with support doing the different things like moving my license.dat file out of hpt's software file and so on, but none of it worked and they told me they would have to try to get their engineers to add it into the ques for supported vehicles to see if they could make it editable. I hope they can get it done soon, but I'll just live with it for now as it's my own daily beater and not something that HAS to be done although it seems like a larger and larger number of people are buying the older cheaper vehicles for modding now, sooooo. I can even modify sensors and what not's by hand like we did way back in the day if it absolutely comes to it. Right now without being able to tune it, it's costing me in fuel, which is really starting to suck, but gas is still cheaper than my diesel truck.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem did you try open your VCM editor click help and then select re-sync interface

I know this is an old thread, but I wonder if you ever found a solution. I have a 2002 WJ with a 4L and noticed 2002-2003 were skipped as well and wondered why.