Thread: Truck Randomly shutting OFF

Tuner

Truck Randomly shutting OFF

So, I have a 2011 sierra. Dart 427, 142lb injectors, 90mm turbo etc,, running the 2bar OS. For what ever reason the truck will just shut off. at idle or while driving, the MAP seems to drop off and actually went to 0 the stayed at 14. tried reading codes and got nothing. let the truck sit for a min and it fired right back up. I am completely lost. attached is an idle log of it dying and the tune.

Dart_LSnex_427ci_F310Heads_BWS490_142lbInjectors_Magnafuel_bigcam_HolleyHighram_91oct_2barOS_3Ba.hpt

Truck idle and shut off.hpl
    Last edited by fctry286; 02-21-2022 at 10:09 PM.
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,
    Dart 427 with a Big cam, Big intake manifold, Big injectors and a Big ass Turbo

Senior Tuner
    It appears that the fuel drops out first, then the rpm drops and it goes dead. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on it?

Tuner
    Yes. It set to 60. Pump was running. And most odd. Which I forgot to save the log. While driving the MAP dropped to zero fuel pump stayed on the whole time. But the truck just shut off.

Move wiring while it's idling and see if you can make it die

You mean you can't just do like they do at AutoZone - plug in a scanner and get the code that tells you what part to replace?? wtf

Tuner in Training
    im looking and around 5 seconds before the truck shuts off it has small dips meaning it started happening before check your fuel pump for debris and or maybe your filter and possible a bad map sensor but it would force over to maf .did you make the tune yourself

No MAF, so if MAP drops out (or something takes it down) = no run.

Tuner
    MAF is hooked up, but SD tune only. Truck throws no codes. If I put a non 2 Bae OS in it. It will run longer maybe a day or 2. But will still randomly shut. And now that I'm thinking about it. This only started when I switched to SD only no Maf. I'll try an re enable MA, re tune it and see what it does.

Is it a real GM/Bosch MAP or cheap aftermarket 'equivalent'? Tap test?

Tuner
    Well just an update. I ended re locating my batteries to the bed. They were grounded to the frame. So I ended running a ground cable from the primary battery to the block and all is well so far. Running perfectly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fctry286 View Post
    Well just an update. I ended re locating my batteries to the bed. They were grounded to the frame. So I ended running a ground cable from the primary battery to the block and all is well so far. Running perfectly.
    great all sensors run off proper voltage and a loose ground can cause a false voltge reading or resistance value if your main voltage changes
    1996 5.7 vortec k1500 (4x4) 411 pcm swap ,lt4/lt1 hot cam ,1.6 rockers, mpfi upgrade, cai, long tube headers ,true dual exhaust getting ready for the turbo
    lmk if you need help with your 96-99 vortec just text my number
    email :[email protected]
    (956)784-1824