Thread: 6l80e auto upshift in tutd mode?

Potential Tuner

6l80e auto upshift in tutd mode?

I've seen a few comments on the Internet about people making 6l80e where when in manual/tutd mode the car will still upshift at a set rpm at WOT. Is there a way to do this with my 2008 Corvette? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by buick85gn; 02-22-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Open your tune and have a peak cuz. For example in my 6L90 tune the OEM had TUTD to force a shift at 6,000rpm. Winding that table out to the max allowed me to limiter bash for as long as I wanted.

Potential Tuner
    That is how my car currently behaves. I WANT it to automatically upshift if I go WOT at a set RPM and not hit the limiter but I'm not sure how to do this.

Senior Tuner
    Post your tune. I'll have a look

Potential Tuner
    Here's my current try. Thanks for taking the time to look and help me out.current with stall 305s.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Your current tune is calling for auto upshift at full throttle with TUTD. But your part throttle is set to hold the gear till 312mph (never shift until you tap up). I've adjusted the part throttle shift speed to match your current auto mode speeds.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    09 G8 GT - Forged L76 6.0 - K1 crank, K1 H-beams, Diamond pistons, BTR PDS 3, BTR .660 kit, stock LSA w/ZL1 re-enforced lid, 2.45 upper, 4" intake w/ LS7 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, Kooks 3" x pipe, Corsa axleback, ID1050x w/ ZR1 rail, CTSV V2 pump, Vaporworx PWM controller, Circle D Lvl 3 6l80 w/ FTI triple disc

Engine assembled by Nickens Brothers, everything else built, assembled and tuned by me.

Quote Originally Posted by buick85gn View Post
    I've seen a few comments on the Internet about people making 6l80e where when in manual/tutd mode the car will still upshift at a set rpm at WOT. Is there a way to do this with my 2008 Corvette? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here go: https://www.ssforums.com/threads/how...e-only.197298/

And optional bonus: https://www.ssforums.com/threads/how...-magik.197367/