Thread: Gen V E92 4.3L Speed Sensor Input

Tuner in Training

Gen V E92 4.3L Speed Sensor Input

Have Gen V E92 4.3L swapped in 46 chevy. Shop had place in AR build harness and program module. Trying to add speed sensor input to system. The speedo is currently showing 158mph. Also not opening throttle past 50%, and fuel trim maxing out. I know system originally can bus network, any help greatly appreciated. Notem have parts ordered to add in fuel feed line pressure sensor.

base read.hpttest drive 12.hpl

Tuner in Training
    NV 4500 trans.

Tuner in Training
    158MPH reporting is typically present when an automatic transmission computer is being used in a manual application. You need a manual tune in the computer, if possible. I don't know much about the 4.3L stuff. But in the V8 world if you use a manual transmission with an automatic computer you get the dreaded 158 MPH reporting. Some Jeep place, in AL I believe, has a module to fool/possible fix this if you can't find a computer that uses that engine with a manual transmission.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by relicdew View Post
    158MPH reporting is typically present when an automatic transmission computer is being used in a manual application. You need a manual tune in the computer, if possible. I don't know much about the 4.3L stuff. But in the V8 world if you use a manual transmission with an automatic computer you get the dreaded 158 MPH reporting. Some Jeep place, in AL I believe, has a module to fool/possible fix this if you can't find a computer that uses that engine with a manual transmission.
    Thanks for the reply.
    The 4.3L was never offered with manual trans. In the Tune guy set it up without spped sensor. I've since changed tune to have vss. Know name of the company sells module?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06TrailblazerSS View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    The 4.3L was never offered with manual trans. In the Tune guy set it up without spped sensor. I've since changed tune to have vss. Know name of the company sells module?

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue have a LV3 4.3 and 4L60E Dakota Digital makes a 128K pulse generator Dakota Digital SEN-01-128
    that will screw on where speedometer cable does. I added pulse but still the dreaded 158 mph .
    Red 5V pin 5 x2 connector which I have 0 V Black Pin 21 Ground White Pin 8 Speed Signal input.
    I just need to know how to get rid of the 158 MPH!
    Hope this helps