Thread: TPS jumping up and down all the time

Tuner in Training

TPS jumping up and down all the time

Hi,

Recently I noticed that my throttle position sensor is reporting an unstable signal.

It rapidly changes up and down few %. The higher TPS value, the higher the amplitude is.

Can anyone tell what could be the issue here?

I already did the thottle relearn (by disconnecting the battery and leaving the car idle for half hour).

tps.png

Tuning Addict
    Are you actually feeling this when driving or just being seen in the scanner? Just from the looks of things, although you aren't showing map being logged to verify - it looks like you might actually have the throttle opening and closing??? If it is - is your setup boosted?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Hi.
    N/a. Not boosted. Stock intake. Stock throttle body.

I don't feel any fluctuations while driving. Shall I remove the intake tube to check if the blade is moving?

Idle also stable.

I will log MAP also and come back.

Tuner in Training
    I checked again with MAF and MAP. Both are stable while TPS is jumping:
    tps maf map 1.png

But then sth strange happened. I dragged the window to make the charts layout larger and after I resized the window .... the fluctuations disappeared and the chart became smooth. The same happens when I save the log, close the VCM scanner and open again the previously saved log. Is this normal or I have some problem with MPVI2?

tps maf map 2.png