Thread: Enhanced image with user jpg ? Or Enhanced object to hide/display graphic

Banned

Enhanced image with user jpg ? Or Enhanced object to hide/display graphic

I have a data field in my log that is 0 or 1. It`s an ECU output when I switch maps from the standard one to the higher boost setting.

I was a display object to show when I press the button the the wheel and the data value changes to 1

So far I`ve used an enhanced object - Brake Light, modified that so it's either black or red depending on zero or 1.

What I want to do is use my own graphic, have that as an E-Image and set the transparency to be 100 if it`s 0 and 0 if the data is 1

I can`t see how to add a user image into the E-Image list, or how to add one to the Enhanced Object section if that way would be easier

Any suggestions please ?

Has Weston left HPT ? Haven`t seen him reply on here or to my emails for months now.

Advanced Tuner
    You can create your own E-Image display object by clicking on File > Add Embedded Image to Project.

Then you can set it up just like your previous Brake Light display object (assuming it's something like: open the Display Object Properties for it, pick the Input File, select Image Mode of "Data: Greater or Equal", pick your data field, use Input >= 1 -> 0, and the first Output of 100, and choose Output Type of Transparency). Once you have it setup the way you want, you can click the Export button to save it as a .rro file for use in other Templates/Projects. You could also do it with the other Image Modes, but "Greater or Equal" seems the most intuitive to me.

I'm not sure about Weston...he pops up every now and then and gives me hope that a new RaceRender version that supports sectors will come out at any time, but then it just kind of stays the same... Even if we don't get a newer version, I'm able to do pretty much everything I need with it as is, and I'm able to script the pieces that don't work for me. I'm still hopeful that we'll get some new features soon though.

Banned
    Fantastic. It was having 100 in the first output then 0 where I was struggling even after adding the image.

Thank you!

A shame he's not about, there are repeatable bugs that in the past he replied and addressed, but he hasn't done for ages.

As you say, it works well enough and I can fudge around most issues.