Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E90 Exchange program

I looked the other day and it shows its still out of stock. I'm sure its a chip shortage/supply chain issue.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys,
    Im working on 2x brand new 2022 yukon SLE 5.3L trucks. that both need an idle up tune so we can run a custom alternator solution at idle. I have reached out to HPtuners support twice this week, but no answer, I wanted to know from your collective experience if I should assume this also has the dreaded e90 ecm in it, and if it does, it sounds like im going to be pretty stuck to get an ecu modified/unlocked in the near future.
    intersted to hear your thoughts on any work around possible for this issue. i just need the idle to be 1200rpm when the cars in park and the aircons turned on.. we have done this with other chassis in the past with success.
    VIN 1GKS28KD3NR226994

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DXBHSV View Post
    Hi guys,
    Im working on 2x brand new 2022 yukon SLE 5.3L trucks. that both need an idle up tune so we can run a custom alternator solution at idle. I have reached out to HPtuners support twice this week, but no answer, I wanted to know from your collective experience if I should assume this also has the dreaded e90 ecm in it, and if it does, it sounds like im going to be pretty stuck to get an ecu modified/unlocked in the near future.
    intersted to hear your thoughts on any work around possible for this issue. i just need the idle to be 1200rpm when the cars in park and the aircons turned on.. we have done this with other chassis in the past with success.
    VIN 1GKS28KD3NR226994
    Not only it has the dreaded E90, but it's the Global B version which isn't supported at all...

Tuner in Training
    Hey Bill. I have a customer that bought an unlocked by hp tuners E90 ecm from someone and just needs the vin changed so he can use it on his truck. I did email hp tuners but I was told that nobody can help me. A highly known progammer in Canada told me I should contact you directly. I tried to private message you but I can't. I did try to get the vin changed at a GM dealer but it didn't work either. You can private message me if you don't want to post on here. [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    On Global A ECMs (like this one), unless you modify the OS, once the MEC is set to zero (which generally happens the first time it gets flashed), you cannot change the VIN in the ECM.

Potential Tuner
    Bumping this, any updates on an eta that this will be available again. Really wanting to tune my 6.2 for long tube headers waiting to be installed.

Potential Tuner
    No updates so far, I've emailed them and they stated they don't know when it will be back in stock...

Tuner in Training
    Are the E90's by themselves worth anything? Just wondering if I should keep it or hit the trash.