Thread: LTFT keeps stealing all my fuel and lean spikes on turbo LE5

LTFT keeps stealing all my fuel and lean spikes on turbo LE5

So I'm pulling my hair out and getting really frustrated with HPTuners and the VVE bullsh*t. Is there a way that I can just add some fuel without the E67 trying to pull all my fuel away and force me to run at 14.7 all the time. I set my Stoich to constant 13.27 and I have my PE kick in super early and pull it down to 11.00 but for the majority of my driving and idle, the darn things just wants to run flaming lean all the time. Do I need to disable my LTFT and STFT?

I read up on the complexities of the VVE table and that (in my opinion) kills the control that old VE tables had since now I can't just add or remove fuel at certain points in an RPM x MAP table.

I've attached my log files, config files, tune files, etc for reference.

Too Lean.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 Saturn Sky 5M LE5
    - K04 Turbo
    1992 Eddie Bauer Bronco 351
    - Too much to list

Is the engine still stock? You just added the turbo kit? Is the MAF still in an OEM size tube?

Yeah the engine itself is still stock, but I used an RPM Motorsports K04 turbo kit and had ZZP go through and MAF tune it which seemed to get pretty close, but the drivability is still a little un-refined.

I also unplugged my evap solenoid connector and then repurposed that manifold port for my boost reference, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to zero out my [ECM] 12510 - LTFT Purge Reduction Factor table so that the ecu doesn't factor in evap at all.
    2007 Saturn Sky 5M LE5
    - K04 Turbo
    - Too much to list

If the engine is stock you really should not need to touch the VVE tables at all. Seeing as how they are altered leads me to believe your fueling will be off across the board. How different is the new MAF tube from the OEM one? From the pictures I have seen they look pretty similar. So, again it appears the MAF should not really be touched unless the tube is different than it looks.

Is your boost reference line stand alone? As in, no T fittings with other lines attached?

The engine is stock so I haven't messed with the VVE tables, but ZZP did adjust them a little bit. it would be nice to be able to mess with them a bit cell by cell since it's much more difficult to adjust fueling with a million different checkboxes and tabs.

My boost reference has a T fitting to go to the boost gauge and the BOV.
    2007 Saturn Sky 5M LE5
    - K04 Turbo
    - Too much to list

VVE doesn't change your target, it changes the calculation. Stoich and PE are your targets. VVE needs to be correct for the engine and MAF correct for the tube it's in. If the engine is stock the VVE should be relatively untouched. If the tube the MAF is in is still the same size as stock, then the MAF should also be relatively untouched. PE is the key WOT and/or Boost. From what I can see, I would start over with stock MAF and VVE, and relog.