Thread: 2014 L83 + LT1 Intake and TB + TR6060 - No RPM reading and other issues

Tuner in Training

2014 L83 + LT1 Intake and TB + TR6060 - No RPM reading and other issues

Hello everyone,

New to the Gen V, swapping a 2014 L83, with LT1 intake and TB, PSI Conversion harness, 2014 Silverado E92 ECM, TR6060 transmission.

I first did the VATS delete and usual EVAP and rear sensors DTC's disable, change trans settings to "manual", disabled clutch interlock, and made a write entire on the ECM.

Before feeding fuel, I did a starter cranking test, engine cranks but no RPM reading on VCM Scanner, also noticed, although I have pedal reading, the TB does not open when I push the pedal. I can command to open it with the scanner tools and it works.

I got errors about the throttle voltage among other things.

Tried a few chances, nothing worked.

Feeding fuel through an external pump and regulator, to the DI mechanical pump.

Decided to try a different route and downloaded a stock tune for a 2015 Corvette Z06 from the repository, made the "usual" swap changes and did a write entire on the ECM (Yes, I had to license the file and later license the vehicle again, so 6 credits gone, I'm dumb I know, please don't point it out).

New tune shows no voltage errors for the throttle, but pressing the pedal opens about 2% of the throttle, still no RPM reading.

Also while cranking I see no change in the "current firing cylinder reading", but if after I crank it I stop scanning and restart it, this reading changes.

Any ideas I can try with this?

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if your crank and cam positioning sensors are working properly... Probably leaning more towards crank sensor. My experience in this situation is pretty low though.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominatorstang View Post
    I wonder if your crank and cam positioning sensors are working properly... Probably leaning more towards crank sensor. My experience in this situation is pretty low though.
    At least I think cam sensor works as the "current firing cylinder" changes on the reading if the engine turns. However it doesn't do it "live" only if I stop scanning and restart.

I don't have a way to bench test the crank sensor, removed it, checked it for resistance between signal and gnd and checked voltage on the harness.

I have ordered a new crank sensor, hopefully will have it late today.

Thank you for your reply

Tuner in Training
    I think my first question is, if is there any reason besides anything related to the sensor and harness that will disable the crank signal.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a screen shot of the errors you are getting? I know you said no more throttle voltage error, and guessing you have some other emissions stuff to disable. But curious the entire list as it is now. And posting a tune and log may give some additional direction if you can.

Senior Tuner
    The E92 ECM will not be fully functional with the Corvette tune. You'll need to have it flashed with OE software first.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The E92 ECM will not be fully functional with the Corvette tune. You'll need to have it flashed with OE software first.
    But it wasn't working with the OE software either, some of the same issues, and some different.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominatorstang View Post
    Do you have a screen shot of the errors you are getting? I know you said no more throttle voltage error, and guessing you have some other emissions stuff to disable. But curious the entire list as it is now. And posting a tune and log may give some additional direction if you can.
    I will post it later.

Currently what I see in the scanner is that while cranking, no values for RPM, Cam Count, Medium Res Count, and other channels do no update "live" in the scanner. but if I start scanning, crank the engine, stop scanning and restart scanning, the values do get updated.

Tuner in Training
    Finally noticed that as soon as I crank the starter, scanner time stops, so it stops recording.

Double check to make sure 12v, usually a Red wire from PSI, to the ECM is present during ignition, cranking and back to ignition during the movement of the key. Number one reason for start issues during conversions, at least in my opinion.

You will also have issues using an Automatic OS and no TCM, the speedo will read 158 all the time. We will only use OS's that match transmission type, Auto or Manual.

edit - add wire color
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    Double check to make sure 12v, usually a Red wire from PSI, to the ECM is present during ignition, cranking and back to ignition during the movement of the key. Number one reason for start issues during conversions, at least in my opinion.

You will also have issues using an Automatic OS and no TCM, the speedo will read 158 all the time. We will only use OS's that match transmission type, Auto or Manual.

edit - add wire color
    Double checked voltages, even made a direct connection from the red wire to the battery and also did a separate switch for the starter.

same issue, recording stops as soon as I crank the engine.

Can you post a log of just key on and engine off?
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts