Thread: 6.0 tune small issue

Tuner in Training

6.0 tune small issue

V13 HOT.hpt

I'm getting this truck dialed in slowly but surely. I noticed a weird issue today leaving work where it fell on its face when I punched it. It was freezing today and I realize it wasn't up to temp yet. I'm ok with that but I just would like to figure out WHY it did it. what table is limiting that? I tried to upload the log file but It wouldn't upload. I'll try again in a few. If someone can take a look at this tune and give me some recommendations I would appreciate it as I'm still learning. I need to dial it down a little up top. Spikes the EGT pretty quickly. but It is a fun truck to drive now if you don't hold the pedal down. (That's fun too but those temps are scary)
    WARNING don't use this tune if you plan to tow or race. EGT cruises around 400-500 but anything over half throttle and it shoots up to 1200 real quick. MPG is great! getting around 14-15 with 35s

Tuner in Training
    Not sure why I can't upload the log. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GfG...ew?usp=sharing
    The issue I had was around 17:25:18
    I got off the exit ramp and hit the on ramp at 17:44 and it pulled like a freight train.

Banned
    what size injectors and turbo are you running?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    what size injectors and turbo are you running?
    Stock

Banned
    All you did was change your pedal map and timing? your not putting any more air into it? just fuel.. which is why your temps are getting hot.. you can make more power with less fuel and more air and changing your ebp tables and icp tables.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    All you did was change your pedal map and timing? your not putting any more air into it? just fuel.. which is why your temps are getting hot.. you can make more power with less fuel and more air and changing your ebp tables and icp tables.
    I'm starting to play with the turbo now thanks. I think that is part of that issue I saw, unison ring is sticking. This turbo has some mad turbo bark even on the factory tune.

Potential Tuner
    this sounds great; (just fuel.. which is why your temps are getting hot.. you can make more power with less fuel and more air and changing your ebp tables and icp tables) please walk us through it if you could? Thanks!

Banned
    ebp tables will take care of the turbo side of things, icp, timing and pedal map is gunna help give you fuel. also need to modify torque tables.