Thread: 370z Timing not responding

Tuner in Training

370z Timing not responding

Hello everyone, I know this subject was talked about a lot but I need a solution.

I did a lot of changes to my 370z and gained a lot over stock but there is still a lot left on the table if increasing the timing is possible,
    even with using high octane fuel changing the timing tables doesn't change anything for WOT, I know in VVEL cars it's up to the knock sensors and VVEL to decide how much timing is used but there has to be a way to alter and advance timing there no sign of knock in the readings with 30 to 31 degrees of timing running a 33 to 35 degrees is easily possible with the right amount of octane which well gain a lot of performance safely.

There is only one thing that helped me increase timing but in the same time up missed up the transmission shifting speed a lot to the point that it is not good for the trans.

I just would like to know if it's possible or i'm just wasting my time and money trying to change timing ?

Thanks in advance for your reply and help,
    Any answer is appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    the numbers you see are not actual timing values. 30 does not mean 30 degrees and going to 31 does not mean you added 1 degree. There isnt alot on the table with these cars. you can lean it out slightly, or adjust for bolt ons, but timing alterations arent going to get you what you want. Adjust your torque demand and airflow/tq targets for the best intial results. Grab a 2011 Nismo stock calibration and see whats changed there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonstitus View Post
    the numbers you see are not actual timing values. 30 does not mean 30 degrees and going to 31 does not mean you added 1 degree. There isnt alot on the table with these cars. you can lean it out slightly, or adjust for bolt ons, but timing alterations arent going to get you what you want. Adjust your torque demand and airflow/tq targets for the best intial results. Grab a 2011 Nismo stock calibration and see whats changed there.
    First of all Thank you for the response.

do you mean that the timing value i'm seeing in the VCM Scanner is not actual timing value ?
    As for leaning the air fuel mixture the leaner you go from factory air fuel mixture the timing value I see in the gets less for example the car came with 11.47 from factory at that mixture the timing is 30-31 if i lean it to 11.80 the timing changes to 29-30 if i go over 12.00 i start seeing 28 or less timing, the leaner the mixture the less timing value I see