Thread: BRP Newb

Tuner in Training

BRP Newb

Hows it going everyone. I recently got the mpvi2 to start tuning my 2019 canam x3 turbo. I do have some experience tuning, i tune ls/lt cars and trucks. But totally new to BRP tuning. Anyone know where i could find some good learning/reading material to better understand the way these computers work? Worst case scenario ill start by disabling torque management and limiters, that seems pretty straight forward. But i would like to increase boost a little.

Thank you,

Tuner
    I am in the same boat, I am waiting on The Tuning School to release their BRP stuff (currently in R&D) then Polaris is supposed to come out.
    06 LQ4 2500HD CC LB 4wd 4.56, Dana 60,
    17 3500HD 6.0 srw
    GenIII Unlimited GM Full Size Truck/SUV
    Serial cable to WiFi

Tuner in Training
    Same here! Newbie about to start tuning my Sea-Doo RXP 300. Been tuning cars for years but am curious about where to start on these BRP ECMs.

Tuner in Training
    Been tuning them with Dynojet for some time now. As far as material to learn I have not found a good source yet it's a lot of trial and error.

Tuner in Training
    I ended up sending it and messing with the boost tables and the torque management stuff forgot what its called on these. The x3 moves way harder now. Ive been super busy so havent had time to study the tables more, but i want to upgrade injectors do an e85 convertion and raise boost and timing. But want to see if i can find more info before trying to do everything by trial and error 😅

Tuner in Training
    Hey Folks, any update on finding some information on BRP tuning. I have a 21 Defender HD8 and header pipes glow bright orange with the stock tune. Runs fine but not sure where to even start for airflow tuning.
    Thanks Michael

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P3 View Post
    Hey Folks, any update on finding some information on BRP tuning. I have a 21 Defender HD8 and header pipes glow bright orange with the stock tune. Runs fine but not sure where to even start for airflow tuning.
    Thanks Michael
    Pipes glowing are normal on a heavily loaded motor, like these are, and can't be fixed with any tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Pipes glowing are normal on a heavily loaded motor, like these are, and can't be fixed with any tuning.
    Even just going 30 mph on a dirt road for say 30 minutes? I mean i guess i could see that they are revving 4-5k rpm just cruising.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P3 View Post
    Even just going 30 mph on a dirt road for say 30 minutes? I mean i guess i could see that they are revving 4-5k rpm just cruising.
    Yes, it's about load, load any motor fairly heavy, and the pipes will glow