Thread: 6.0l to 4.8l swap flashing engine light and tcc not locking up?

6.0l to 4.8l swap flashing engine light and tcc not locking up?

Hello,

I swapped a 4.8 into a 2005 silverado 2500 4l80e.

I did a compare and copy/pasted all the 4.8 engine parameters into the ecm, left the transmission tables as is.

It seems to run fine but the engine light flashes, It doesn't have a noticeable missfire.

Also the tcc won't lock up anymore.

I don't have a log file yet but here is my tune file.

Any suggestions appreciated!

If it is detecting misfires, you still have to fix whatever is causing it even if you can't feel anything. If you want someone to look to see if something got copied over that shouldn't have been you need to post both your before and your after files. Seeing only where it is now isn't much help.

A logfile will also have DTC data in it, under the Details tab (bottom of the channels list).

Here is the stock file for the truck and the stock 4.8l file from the repository that I copied the parameters from.

Tonight I will try and scan it, maybe do a log file if I can make time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't see how it would be possible to do any of the things you're doing without lots and lots of logging, much less 'oh I'll log it eventually if I find time.'

Yet some how I did it, haha!

I was under the impression that I could just swap 4.8l parameters. But if it's not that simple I am willing to be corrected.

The truck ran pretty well with the 6.0l parameters left in the ecm, it had some quirks in open loop though.

Senior Tuner
    Log cyl 1-8 misfires and see which cylinder it is. And misfires prevent TCC lock up.

Took it out to do some logging, drove a mile and realized that it wasn't logging anything. Found out the obd port fuse was blown. Changed the fuse, now the check engine light is off, TCC and everything seems to be working/running perfectly.

Not sure why that fuse would cause problems, I couldn't find any option to log misfires though. Only option under spark was advance?

It seems that the missfire is gone for now, time will tell if that's permanent.

Thanks for the help!