Thread: 4.6 3v Maf tuning with wideband

Tuner in Training

4.6 3v Maf tuning with wideband

i looked in the stikys and the forum and i didnt find any way to log the Maf err like GM does, is there a way to do it? want to tune the maf with a wideband and all i find is with STFT... any help is welcome

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to log MAF Frequency, Maf Airflow #lb/min, spark source, injector duty cycle, pressure drop across injector, measured AFR bank 1/2, short term fuel trims Bank 1/2, long term fuel trims bank 1/2. if your wideband is not plug into the the datalogger. You will need to SET up your tune file, ZERO MAf compensation, Turn off Adaptive learning, and disable LTFT and set base fuel table to all 1's. If your wideband has the option have it read in Lambda this makes adjusting easier. You can take the Actual Lambda / commanded (Lambda of 1=14.08). so lambda reading of.75/1.00=0.75 take that and multiply that area of the MAF Peroid/Airflow by .75 which should bring you closer to base fuel table, Or you build histograms to do the math for you. hopefully this helps. once your within 5% at part throttle you canset your base fuel table to what you want to command N/A 12.0 to 12.5 and start tuning WOT.
    Last edited by mstang_man; 03-02-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Use STFT+LTFT to tune maf. Use the wideband and filtering to tune LWFM.

The 3v is not very similar to GM tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    You will need to log MAF Frequency, Maf Airflow #lb/min, spark source, injector duty cycle, pressure drop across injector, measured AFR bank 1/2, short term fuel trims Bank 1/2, long term fuel trims bank 1/2. if your wideband is not plug into the the datalogger. You will need to SET up your tune file, ZERO MAf compensation, Turn off Adaptive learning, and disable LTFT and set base fuel table to all 1's. If your wideband has the option have it read in Lambda this makes adjusting easier. You can take the Actual Lambda / commanded (Lambda of 1=14.08). so lambda reading of.75/1.00=0.75 take that and multiply that area of the MAF Peroid/Airflow by .75 which should bring you closer to base fuel table, Or you build histograms to do the math for you. hopefully this helps. once your within 5% at part throttle you canset your base fuel table to what you want to command N/A 12.0 to 12.5 and start tuning WOT.
    thank you for the info, yes my wideband is plugged in the datalog, and it has de option to lambda, looks like more easier than i thought, i just have one question, the base fuel table is the same for part throttle and wot or ford has something similar as power enrichment like gm? and if it has PE wheres is located lol,

what is the name of PID for Lambda commanded?
    Last edited by RML_s13; 03-03-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    Use STFT+LTFT to tune maf. Use the wideband and filtering to tune LWFM.

The 3v is not very similar to GM tuning.
    trust me i find it the hard way its so diferent lol, hey why everybody tune the maf with STFT+LTFT is better for some reason than wideband? whats LWFM?

Tuner in Training
    Load With Failed MAF
    I strongly suggest you doing a bunch more research on tuning 3v before experimenting. Its way different than GM stuff.

Advanced Tuner
    Load with failed maf tables control instantaneous fuel command. Say you mash the pedal, the MAF doesn't respond quickly enough so the computer relies on those tables.

You will chase your tail trying to tune the MAF with wideband, its much easier to just use the histogram maths. Make sure you have the correct injector data loaded and no vac leaks before you start.