Thread: 600 lb ft Torque

Tuner in Training

600 lb ft Torque

Once again, I am getting insanely high torque values. I have it in closed loop, and it is still reading 607 lb ft of torque at 4800 rpm. As much as I would love to believe that these values are correct, I know that they aren't. What I don't know though, is why am I getting these values? If I base the tune around these values, is it going to throw everything else off? I can say that I can honestly feel the power when I get on it, but I think anything over 500 is crazy.

2009 Chevy 2500 HD LY6 823 heads, Sloppy Stage 2 Cam, new plugs and wires, stock intake, stock exhaust and headers, VVT delete.

TUNE: (First two logs, last log was in MAF only OL)
    MAF Final.hpt

Logs:
    CLosed Loop 3rd gear pull 01.hpl
    CLosed Loop 3rd gear pull 02.hpl
    3rd gear pull MAF 01.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Look at your VT tables. You've populated your MAP VT tables are very high compared to stock. The 30 degree table with 613 lb ft at 4800 rpm. The stock one was 403 lb ft at the same rpm. Maybe you did that by accident?

That being said, I'd rather have the VT tables too high as opposed to too low. A lot of GEN 5 tuners are going with a unrealistically high VT tables in order to help the 8L90E/10L90E transmissions live in high hp applications.

Tuner in Training
    I had to raise the VT tables because it was limiting the delivered torque. I will upload the log file that showed where the torque was just a straight line, and wouldn't get any higher (despite the TPS). I do not know how to accurately adjust the VT tables though. I went to the spark ranges from 19*-25* (the main areas for WOT) and adjusted the VT tables to be 10% higher than what the delivered values were. When I did that, the torque jumped up a bunch! I could feel the truck delivering more power too though. Once the peak values stayed under the values of the VT, I stopped raising them.

This is the log where the torque just stayed flat. I raised the stock VT tables by 30% after the cam swap. I proceeded to do all the SD, MAF, idle and other basics before concerning myself with the VT tables. After getting everything dialed in, that is when I started adjusting the VT and started seeing a huge climb.

Logs while tuning:
    SD log 01.hpl
    SD log 02.hpl

First log after adjusting VT:
    First log after VT changes.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Anyone???