Thread: AEM Wide band disappears when pressing record

Question AEM Wide band disappears when pressing record

I just got a wide band with the obd2 port connection & when I connect it it logs on the little screen but on the computer it disappears and won?t log anything. I?ve tried the beta, rescanned, and nothing.
    Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks. I have an MPVI2 Pro

Tuner in Training
    Mine does that as well. I added wb equipment ratio 1 I believe in channels and it reads what my gauge reads.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex14SS View Post
    I just got a wide band with the obd2 port connection & when I connect it it logs on the little screen but on the computer it disappears and won?t log anything. I?ve tried the beta, rescanned, and nothing.
    Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks. I have an MPVI2 Pro
    JMO but the AEM WB 30-0334 has never worked well with HPT. I have the same WB but without PRO version of HPT. Dr. Mike helped me with a work around last summer and I had it working fine. With spring around the corner, went to install last night and no channel support what so ever. The generic channel for aem 30-03XX does not work either. I submitted a support ticket and was told to update to PRO as only solution. Makes me believe support does not have a handle on 30-0334 setup or realize unit reads from obd2 port..

Have one for several years now with no issue. Occasionally I have to re-poll and that takes care of it.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    I reached out to Dr. Mike. See his suggestions below!! I did have a setting wrong.. Bottom line, I reset the gauge settings, repolled and found the channel WB EQ RATIO #1 (SAE) per his direction. FWIW, the channel location had changed for me from last summer. Not sure why..

Big thanks to Dr. Mike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mike

1st. make sure that your gauge is returned to factory settings.

from the OBD2 menu:
    ECU=6
    PID=1
    BITS=11
    RATE=500

Next is to select the correct channel. You SHOULD be able to select the "WB EQ RATIO 1 (SAE)", from the "OBD Controller: Unknown/Engine/Fuel/OPen & Closed Loop/Oxygen Sensors" tree, now. Since it is one of the 2 PIDs reported.

Do NOT select the "WB EQ RATIO 1" from the "External Inputs/AEM/X-Series UEGO (30-03xx)" tree. Repoll..

Advanced Tuner
    followed this and no luck. ive reset guage back to factory, watched and read tutorials for 3 hours straight and still nothing. made sure drivers on laptop are current etc. im not making any progress. any other ideas?

Tuner
    Contact Dr. Mike! Well worth it. He can read a diagnosis file and make recommendations..

Advanced Tuner
    Hey thanks! Ive hit him up!

Tuner in Training
    I had the same issue on my surface. No idea why, but when I turned off Bluetooth it fixed my issue. Now my wideband appears every time. Just something quick to try.
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

Advanced Tuner
    thanks. sorry for the late response but i have since gotten it added to the channels with the help from the DR.

Potential Tuner
    Who is this Dr? My ?WB EQ Ratio 1? is greyed out with a broken link and I don?t have the ?OBD controller? folder in the channel settings.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ View Post
    I reached out to Dr. Mike. See his suggestions below!! I did have a setting wrong.. Bottom line, I reset the gauge settings, repolled and found the channel WB EQ RATIO #1 (SAE) per his direction. FWIW, the channel location had changed for me from last summer. Not sure why..

Big thanks to Dr. Mike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mike

1st. make sure that your gauge is returned to factory settings.

from the OBD2 menu:
    ECU=6
    PID=1
    BITS=11
    RATE=500

Next is to select the correct channel. You SHOULD be able to select the "WB EQ RATIO 1 (SAE)", from the "OBD Controller: Unknown/Engine/Fuel/OPen & Closed Loop/Oxygen Sensors" tree, now. Since it is one of the 2 PIDs reported.

Do NOT select the "WB EQ RATIO 1" from the "External Inputs/AEM/X-Series UEGO (30-03xx)" tree. Repoll..
    I am assuming this is all done in HPT?

"returning gauge to factory settings"????? I am using the same AEM gauge and just looked at the instructions that came with it and did not see any operating instructions. I'll check it out more thoroghly in a minute.

Does the same hold true if I am not setting up in Lamda?
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Potential Tuner
    I experienced some odd behavior with WBO2 datalogging, but slightly different than the OP.
    I'm using an MPVI3 with the Pro Link hooked up analog (red wire) to an AEM 30-0300 WBO2.

Sporadically the WBO2 data will freeze, all other data streams fine. I will have to go through a process of stop logging, disconnect, remove the channel, add the Prolink Analog Input channel back, then re-transform it to EQ before it will start recording WBO2 data again. At this point it's been an annoying 50/50 chance on when it might occur.

Just throwing this out there in case it helps anyone, or if anyone has any better solutions.