Thread: 2003 Viper Competition Coupe Success Story

2003 Viper Competition Coupe Success Story

Customer wanted ported heads, camshaft, and single blade throttle body. Go to read, no good. Noise. Take pcm out and put it into a production SRT10 truck M6. Read and unable to open. Programmed a random 03 viper vin with autel as an 06 model or else failed. Sent up to HP tuners. Three days later they fixed up the file to something we can write in 4.10.7. Major Kudos. As found the car whipped the dyno at 560 at 6100rpm. 100 Octane. Made the factory champion plugs orange. Replaced with NGK. Ran up the car after the mods and found I'm increasing the fueling quite a bit to get what I want. I fear 03 had smaller injectors than 06 for comparison? Ran out of injector up top and broke up too. Deka 60's placed in. Live wires spark wires put in. Spark plugs 35 gapped. Found a rear faulty ignition coil, the one that has 6 terminals. Replaced with new Mopar. Ran up again. No abnormal noises. Went for it. Made 630hp/610tq at the tire at 5800rpm peak. The camshaft sprocket is not gen 3! It is a modified gen 2 sprocket. Degreeing the cam saved from broken valves! The timing marks DO NOT line up like your everyday viper! Camat 4:30 and crank at 12:00 and then the adjustable locker. What is so special? The valve cover bolts and intake manifolds even had tamper wire rope through a few bolts and a serial number clamp like on 18 wheeler door seals. What an adventure. Check out that factory timing. She's getting after it! Shame is I had to remove pcm and place into the Srt 10 Ram each time I wanted to flash a revision. Painful but got the job done. HP Tuners for the win. A first! Add to the collection of tunable Pcms! See that operating system number? That's a new one. Stock usable file provided. Don't use it. Submit yours to get fixed if you're doing the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files