Thread: NBP via USB, BLE and Wifi

Tuner in Training

Giving up on NBP and why.

I have been using TrackAddict/RaceRender for quite awhile with OBD2 BLE and XGPS160 with no problems and works great. I would like to send Air/Fuel Ratio data (0 to 4v = 10 to 18) to TrackAddict via NBP. I have tried all 3 methods (USB, BLE and Wifi) to connect to TrackAddict NBP. None worked.

I'm giving up on NBP, it is a good idea but far too complicated to implement for adding simple data to TA.

I cannot use cheap and simple BLE modules (HM-10, HM-18).
    Wifi (ESP8266 ex is far too complicated for the simple task of sending 0-4v A/F data to TA.
    Arduino Mega direct USB connection doesn't work because you cannot configure it as a Host (OTG).

The project uses an Arduino Mega 2560 with BLE (configure, data out, etc), SD Card (32gb data store), Accelerometer (braking), Buffered TPS input 0-5v, Buffered A/F data 0-4v, shaped RPM Measurement and two 4 digit LED displays (Braking Gs, TPS Percent). Need the A/F data along with RPM and TPS to tune the engine. Was hoping to add it to the TA data. The LED displays show in the video recording how much throttle and braking.
    This project was relatively simple and straightforward but adding a WiFi module or a USB OTG module would unnecessarily complicate it. So for now I will just record the data onto an SD card and look at the data via BLE (using Kai Morich Serial Bluetooth Android App) and then transfer the card to my PC for post processing.

I hope that NBP will be reconfigured to allow a more simple means to add data to TA.
    Last edited by DetRedWingsFan; 03-04-2022 at 02:38 PM.