Thread: 2020 Mustang boost control

2020 Mustang boost control

I have searched but have not found anything that helps me. I have the 12psi turbo smart wastegate but boost is only reaching 20psi then dropping to 17-18 mid pass. I am trying to reach 25-26psi can anyone give me any pointers?

The thing with tuning newer Ford stuff is that you're just trying to find what limiter you're hitting and manipulating torque request tables. You will get better advice on here from posting a log file and your current tune. I suggest making sure all the limit sources are logged as those are often forgotten about, and they will most times tell you where to look for the current limiter.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Advanced Tuner
    Also keep in mind that the ECU doesn't particularly care about boost pressure, if it can reach target torque at a lower pressure, it will.

Definitely need a log to see what's going on, my guess would be a load limit (LSPI, SD logic limit, or trans), or just simply not requesting enough torque from driver demand.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSilverado View Post
    I have searched but have not found anything that helps me. I have the 12psi turbo smart wastegate but boost is only reaching 20psi then dropping to 17-18 mid pass. I am trying to reach 25-26psi can anyone give me any pointers?
    you need to post your tune

This is the tune that was sent to me and currently on the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    where was the tune from?

Shop local to me did it..well made the attempt I should say. They send out for their tunes I’m not sure who exactly they get to write them.

Advanced Tuner
    oh ok

Is there something wrong with it? I’ll take all the help I can get.

Advanced Tuner
    Without a datalog it will be hard to know, it looks like a ok starting tune

Tuner
    e80rev 73 rev good tune uped timing 1 deg .40.80 load.hpt
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSilverado View Post
    Is there something wrong with it? I?ll take all the help I can get.
    e80rev 73 rev good tune uped timing 1 deg .40.80 load.hpt here's my 2.0 ecoboost tune "should be fairly similar" im getting max of 23-24 psi down to around 21 ish around 6000 rpm, you can try upping your tip pressure's to around 37 psi , also adjust your pedal map ratios under full throttle to the highest number on the scale. just look at my mine for a rough idea. posting a log with these parimiters will help everybody help you more e80 rev70.hpl also what fuel are you using? definitely want to keep an eye on knock retard.

Tuner in Training
    did you ever get this resolved?