Thread: Mk7.5 gti dsg is38

Potential Tuner

Mk7.5 gti dsg is38

Hello,

I have a MK7.5 Golf GTI 5G0906259N 0003 which I have already had tuned by someone else (stage 2 and then stage 3 with the IS38 turbo). Also running TVS stage 3 gearbox software.
    It is primarily a track car and with the stage 3 tune at present I am not able to control the throttle (its very on off, like a switch) and I would like to cap the torque in 3rd gear aswell.

Plan is to go to a hybrid IS38 (littco L560BB).

Now am I being utterly stupid by going down this route of trying to tune this myself considering I am starting with a car which is far from stock???

I work on cars and also sell engine and gearbox software so I datalog a lot of cars and then ask for adjustments etc to be made but never been the one to adjust.

Mad for trying or mad for not trying??

Advanced Tuner
    You might be mad, but there's a few of us out there who are mad as well

You're right that starting with a stock car is best/easiest, but if you already have a good working file to start with, that can help. I would start by comparing all changes vs stock file and understand what the purpose is for each change. Then start small and work your way up.

It's one of those things that has a pretty steep learning curve and requires a lot of reading/time/comprehension but can be rewarding. Not for everyone of course.

Potential Tuner
    I don't think I will be able to read the tune as it wasn't done with HP tuners so I will be starting from scratch ultimately.

Its basically a stage 2 MK7.5R at the moment, I think the real headache will come with the hybrid turbo.

Advanced Tuner
    OK yeah, without any sort of starting reference it will definitely be quite a bit more work.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    OK yeah, without any sort of starting reference it will definitely be quite a bit more work.
    Aaron, check your DM's!