Thread: Cls63 Biturbo Stage 3 Project

Post Cls63 Biturbo Stage 3 Project

Just wanted to share this project car that we were working on it for a while now.

Too many challenges that took us some time to tackle but we managed and got this beast on the road !!

Here is a Dragy acceleration video from 100-200 km/h in 4.82s

IMG-20220222-WA0001.jpg

ECU Tune: Xstages
    TCU Tune: Xstages
    Hybrid Turbo: Turbosystem
    WMI: Snow Performance Stage 2.5
    Downpipe + Turbo Back Pipe: Xstages Custom Exhaust
    LPFP = Spool Performance Stage 3
    Fuel = E15 blended with 98 octane (pump gas)
    CAI = Xstages Grill Mount Intakes

The car numbers on Dyno (Dynocom):
    Horsepower = 800+ WHP
    Torque = 1000 Nm
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Advanced Tuner
    Nice!!! A pipe dream for me, but dream I will. The CL is the only other MB I'd want, but if I went 4door the CLS would be it.

I'll have to google Draggy. I have a G-Tech from like 20yrs ago, not sure if it still works...
    Tell us/me more about the Snow Perf setup. I was eyeballing that, for when I get mine running right. I was wondering how it affects the RTD since it needs to read the right temp to give the right A/F but it's such a tight spot between the intercooler and throttle blade I was worried the temp would be wrong. I figured the Snow injector would not either not get the RTD enough or hit it too hard. Or maybe it would vary with air flow and/or throttle position. But putting it before the intercooler just seems like a waste of time?
    So I was curious where you mounted it because I was just going to put it underneath, between the IC and throttle, kinda pointed at the IC and hope for the best.
    And TCU info as well. I want to do that, again after I sort out my issue, but hoping for one that can be adjusted to my liking because I'm finicky. Is that something you do? Is Xstages your company?
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Nice well done! That is seriously fast!

Quote Originally Posted by chevota View Post
    Nice!!! A pipe dream for me, but dream I will. The CL is the only other MB I'd want, but if I went 4door the CLS would be it.

I'll have to google Draggy. I have a G-Tech from like 20yrs ago, not sure if it still works...
    Tell us/me more about the Snow Perf setup. I was eyeballing that, for when I get mine running right. I was wondering how it affects the RTD since it needs to read the right temp to give the right A/F but it's such a tight spot between the intercooler and throttle blade I was worried the temp would be wrong. I figured the Snow injector would not either not get the RTD enough or hit it too hard. Or maybe it would vary with air flow and/or throttle position. But putting it before the intercooler just seems like a waste of time?
    So I was curious where you mounted it because I was just going to put it underneath, between the IC and throttle, kinda pointed at the IC and hope for the best.
    And TCU info as well. I want to do that, again after I sort out my issue, but hoping for one that can be adjusted to my liking because I'm finicky. Is that something you do? Is Xstages your company?
    Regarding the Snow performance setup we are using dual nozzle in the charge pipe before the IC.

Some other setups we tried is spraying in the IC directly or between the IC and throttle body, some people would spray directly on the compressor side of the turbo.

The idea is just spraying in the right place where the airflow is smooth and compressed and the heat is high to benfit from the cooling purpose of the Methanol.

Transmission has upgraded clutches and the TCU is tuned.

Yes Xstages is my company.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd assume putting it before the IC will mostly just cool the intercooler water? I'd assume you dump in much more meth/water to compensate? I wonder what the limit is where it's too much? I assume you have to draw the line somewhere with water, then increase meth? Just a guess.

I've been looking at the Snow units for a while, but undecided on which to get. I think the plain Stage 2 (SNO-20010) https://tinyurl.com/ym92adjh
    because I don't need a boost gauge, but will get a 2.5 unit if you think it's worth it. The website doesn't explain crap other than the gauge so I don't know what to make of the controller or injector etc.
    It says "progressive" but is that real, like a VFD controlled motor so the juice flow follows psi, or it just a low and high flow setting?
    I was thinking of drilling a hole in the IC housing between the intake tubes. Looks like some kind of plastic wingnut is there now, no clue what that's about.

I see Draggy is gps based, but I hope it has accelerometers too? I can't see gps working well for anything starting from a stop.
    Thanks for the info. And that's cool you have a tuning biz, which has got to beat 99% of the jobs out there. My job is pretty lax and cool but not that cool.

Quote Originally Posted by chevota View Post
    I'd assume putting it before the IC will mostly just cool the intercooler water? I'd assume you dump in much more meth/water to compensate? I wonder what the limit is where it's too much? I assume you have to draw the line somewhere with water, then increase meth? Just a guess.

I've been looking at the Snow units for a while, but undecided on which to get. I think the plain Stage 2 (SNO-20010) https://tinyurl.com/ym92adjh
    because I don't need a boost gauge, but will get a 2.5 unit if you think it's worth it. The website doesn't explain crap other than the gauge so I don't know what to make of the controller or injector etc.
    It says "progressive" but is that real, like a VFD controlled motor so the juice flow follows psi, or it just a low and high flow setting?
    I was thinking of drilling a hole in the IC housing between the intake tubes. Looks like some kind of plastic wingnut is there now, no clue what that's about.

I see Draggy is gps based, but I hope it has accelerometers too? I can't see gps working well for anything starting from a stop.
    Thanks for the info. And that's cool you have a tuning biz, which has got to beat 99% of the jobs out there. My job is pretty lax and cool but not that cool.
    We are spraying in the charge pipe its were compressed air from the turbo flows to the IC, so we are spraying the hot gas not the water in the intercooler

Snow Performance stage 2.5 and up are progressive its not just On and Off switch. It start spraying at the boost you choose.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Advanced Tuner
    If the spray lowers air temp to lower than the water, then yes, it's cooling the water and the IC is warming the air. I'd also imagine it's possible the fluid is not fully vaporized by the time it hits the IC, which would also cool the water.
    Lets say the boost air is 150F (which mine read once when apparently the IC pump didn't turn on). Assume the IC water is 80F and air out of the IC is 100F.
    If you spray before the IC and drop the 150 to 50 (100F drop per SnowPerf), then the IC will now warm the 50F air up maybe 65F or so.
    If instead you sprayed the after the IC you'd cooling the oem 100F air to 0F.
    Of course it won't really cool it to 0F, but regardless of the cooling or actual air temps, it would be substantially better if sprayed after the IC. Since you've done both before and after I was hoping you might share what the differences ended up being.
    I am NOT looking forward to the work involved to spray after, so if spraying before only works a little I might still consider it. Or maybe do it until the day I install it after.

My thoughts for spraying after the IC included things like moving the RTD to the center, or more likely; using four of them to get an avg temp. That and taking the intake off are are extremely low on my things I'd like to do on my weekend list.

I've also wondered if spraying water on the heat exchanger out front of the radiator might be better than water/meth before the IC? Plus you cool the motor while you're at it. I'll probably do this regardless of what else I do or don't do since it's cheap, easy and I know it works.

The Snow Perf 2.0 also claims to be progressive. The problem is two stage is technically "progressive", and since that's cheaper to make that I'll assume that's how they're doing it until I hear otherwise. Their website has no such details, in fact they don't even post clear pictures. So last year I asked them for specifics and rec'd an equally vague reply with the suggestion to buy the more expensive 3.0 kit because I have direct injection. Wtf does DI have to do with it?
    I worked at a speed shop when I was 18 and I learned how perf parts companies scam people. I also learned that perf parts sellers scam people, like saying you need xx more expensive model because you have xx model car. In fact, one of the biggest scams was water injection. So all the signs of a scam are there, the question is; is it a total scam or just half BS? I could probably work with half.

Tuner in Training
    nice work!

Tuner
    Awesome work dude
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]