Thread: Target afr / open-closed loop

Potential Tuner

Target afr / open-closed loop

I have a question about target afr. ive set my target afr for 16, while cruising it never get far from 14.3. im wondering if my lack of downstream 02 sensors could be causing this? do you need downstream to achieve closed loop status, or are just the upstream wide bands responsible for that? Any info would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

You need to see what your fueling source is. I would imagine it's "Stoich". Guessing you are trying to improve your fuel mileage by leaning out your cruising afr?
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post
    You need to see what your fueling source is. I would imagine it's "Stoich". Guessing you are trying to improve your fuel mileage by leaning out your cruising afr?
    As EVO8 said you need to set your commanded fuel for the desired AFR. 1.00 equals 14.7 or 10% ethanol 14.08

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the replies. in my editor under the fuel tab it has stoich afr, i set that to 16, but nothing changed while driving. is that the correct adjustment? im sorry about all the questions, im completely new to this. thanks again, and have a good day.

Advanced Tuner
    No, changing stoich is a global fuel multiplier so all your doing is putting that error in to the fuel model and fuel trims are going to take it out.

o2 sensors read lambda not AFR.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/