Thread: 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Tuning

Potential Tuner

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Tuning

I need some guide with the manual mode on a JL

The client uses the Jeep for sand dune climbing and some daily use. What he want is a complete full manual shifting on sand and on street. So if he needs to change a gear, the trans wil shift. If he wants to stay in 3rd gear for example, the jeep will go to the rev limiter and not shift automatically (stock trans map shifts automatically). More important, when climbing dunes, sometimes he wants to downshift at high rpm (5.000 rpm) so he can keep momentum and the engine goes to the high powerband.

Currently I achieved to make the trans to stay in one gear to the rev limiter. Problem is that sometimes in 4low and street you cannot shift earlier (when he wants to shift at 2.800 rpm for example) and sometimes it shifts when he wants. If you try to shift earlier, it shifts and immediately downshifts, until it reach 6.000+ rpm, then it will stay if you keep getting more speed.
    When it comes to downshifting when climbing, it doesn't downshift at 5.000 rpm target, unless you gently relase a little bit the throttle.

I've been reading ZF8 threads, so what I learned recently is that it use shift situations for selecting maps on manual mode. I edited maps 27 and 30 but not map 0, so probably that's one of my mistakes. Also I undestand that it has OSS limits, so I'm not sure if that's what is limiting the downshift.

If someone could guide me I will apreciate

Sebastian

shift situations.jpgstock tcm.hptfinal.hpt
    Last edited by ssuazo_97; 03-09-2022 at 06:46 PM.