Thread: Ford 6.0 Ficm Read

Potential Tuner

Ford 6.0 Ficm Read

Hello I have a 04 Ford 6.0 and am trying to read the ficm out, does it actually read the ficm or just supply a stock file.

Im using the latest standard VCM editor(not beta) with MPVI2+ and i have tried to read it out 4 times and just get ECM and TCM then failed on FICM and says its giving me a stock file because of failed to read. Also do you have to pull the FICM Relay out for read/write or just read, just write or not at all.

The pcm tcm and ficm in the truck are stock un-tuned

Thanks

Banned
    It should read the ficm.

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't read the ficm. Only provides you a stock file for you to modify and write. It tells you that when you try to read it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info, i did get that message but was concerned as i have a 04 engine ecu and ficm in my truck a 03 and didn?t know if the file it gives was based on vin or strategy it reads as 03-04 they are different

Also if anyone has experience tuning the ficm for modest power gains and snappy throttle response any info would be greatly appreciated looking for something in the 30-60 hp area im not looking for free tunes just a good starting point or general info on ficm tuning

Thanks
    Last edited by vengines; 03-26-2022 at 07:21 PM.