Thread: L98 frustration with tune

Tuner in Training

L98 frustration with tune

Hey guys new to forum and hp tuners
    after having my car tuned by one tuner taking almost 12mth with lack lust results i turned to a performance shop in the city closest to me (300km)
    I'll attach a copy of the tune and log
    the drivability being that bad around town it was useless
    I'm having a go at it myself now and its 100% better but being new and not having the experience if someone could look over these tunes i'm concerned they may have overlooked something
    I'm running this cam
    l98 ve ss commodore
    vcm 883
    Duration 228/238
    Lobe Separation @ 113
    Valve Inlet .600"
    Exhaust .603"

any help greatly appreciated

thanks guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    When cold starting up the car, do you get backfire through the intake ?

Tuner in Training
    No backfire just coughs and splutters at low speed and takeoff just generally a pain to drive smoothly around town

Tuner in Training
    Any specific reasons why you're on SD rather than MAF ?

Tuner in Training
    This should fix your drivability issues.

esp original tune - Gustavo.hpt

Tuner in Training
    maf is disabled and uncalibrated the hz feq where also zero values by tuner
    vcm recommended a mafless tune
    thankyou so much Gustavo
    is it worth chasing the ve table values? i mean like is it going to create an issue somewhere i'm unaware of
    ive currently got it running couple % rich pretty well across the stft now
    Last edited by ClusterFunk; 03-11-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ClusterFunk View Post
    maf is disabled and uncalibrated the hz feq where also zero values by tuner
    vcm recommended a mafless tune
    thankyou so much Gustavo
    is it worth chasing the ve table values? i mean like is it going to create an issue somewhere i'm unaware of
    ive currently got it running couple % rich pretty well across the stft now
    No problem at all, and no it's not going to harm anything, I just wanted to ask. Let me know the results with the drivability.

All the best

Tuner in Training
    The idle was way way better but was still loping at take off and when there was little to no load when decelerating slowing down also and had a little trouble with cold start was cranking for longer spluttered for a sec then fired up nicely
    I've got it running pretty nice and the moment a lot better than it was thanks again for your help Gustavo

Tuning Addict
    Thought I was the only one that failed MAFs with 0ed out MAF tables as a backup... Not to sound bad here, but as I'm sure your aware that tune needs a lot of work. You'll want to address injection timing, VE tuning (try to keep the table smooth and get as close as you can even in high load low rpm areas - go off of 02mv readings or afr readings for this - not the fuel trims) - as stated your probably fine to run MAF, you'll also want to address your timing tables and then your idle tables. This is all to smooth things out. You'll want to address your O2 settings after everything being said and done too for the different flowing air through the exhaust now too.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    thankyou yes i'm aware it need alot of work i've never been happy with it
    even with the basic tuning knowledge i have even i can see that tune is garbage
    was from extreme street performance in Canberra A.C.T Aust they had the car twice for over a week each time dyno at 327kw
    i've given up on local tuners figured if want it done right just going to have to learn to do it myself
    yes i've ordered a wideband i got zero faith in that tune after seeing it myself
    but i'm still only new to tuning the help is greatly appreciated thankyou GHuggins

Tuner in Training
    i've got a bit of a noob question.
    i have a twin exhaust system on my vehicle no x-pipe crossover also 100 cell cats and/but i also would like to setup my aem 30-0300 x-series wideband to also use for tuning on other vehicles
    can i use a tailpipe probe to tune reliably enough with the cats or is it a must to install sensor pre cat ?