Thread: Tune for a asa cam ls1

Potential Tuner

Tune for a asa cam ls1

I installed a asa cam and am looking for a start up tune any help would be appreciated

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonreese21 View Post
    I installed a asa cam and am looking for a start up tune any help would be appreciated
    We need to know what vehicle you're working with. Post your stock or current tune for help.

Tuner
    I could use one as well.

Vehicle:
    2004 C5
    manual transmission
    5.7 with 241 heads
    WS6 store high lift ASA cam
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Frito chili pie and large tater tots, please. Deliver to my inbox as usual.
    Oh, and Dr Pepper, easy on the ice. Thanks.

Potential Tuner

stock tune

sorry it took me so long project has been on hold
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Im sure there are a ton of Tooners out there that will give ya a starter tune for some $$$'s. Otherwise, start researching, lol.

Potential Tuner
    I live several hours away from the nearest tuner. I would not have spent $750 on a MPVI3 and 8 credits if I could get it tuned by someone. But thanks for pointing out the obvious!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonreese21 View Post
    sorry it took me so long project has been on hold
    Thanks for posting. I'm interested to see what you worked out vs. what I've got. I'm in the same boat, project got put on hold so I haven't had much time to mess with it.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Advanced Tuner
    Oh I get it. Have you tried to start tuning it yourself? Post up a log or explain what part are you having questions about? Also what is the engine mods? Just the cam and valvesprings i take it?

Potential Tuner
    I have been watching videos and read through ever thing i can and got it to idle but its rich on idle and lean on throttle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    There should be a few good writeups for idle. I think Rinkrat? Log a few more PIDs like knock, injPW, and a few others. Do you have a wideband? What all is done to the engine? It shows it was a 5.3 originally, now a 5.7?Have you changed injectors or checked fuel pressure? Some guys disable dynamic airflow and tune the maf first, other guys fail the maf and tune the VE first. Its up to you. Being its an ASA, I would do the VE first. You might want to disable DFCO, EGR, and any other tests that will skew your trims. It looks trims were adding 50 percent fuel. So thats pretty far off lol. Set the MAF fail to 0hz, make sure the 3 maf DTC's are report on first error. Setup up a histogram/chart that plots STFTs over a VE table, copy and paste by half, well do full for the first couple corrections.