Thread: Throttle Loss Problem 2019 Mustang With Odin Supercharger

Throttle Loss Problem 2019 Mustang With Odin Supercharger

Need some help from someone that really knows their stuff. I am at a standstill with my car trying to tune it myself.

Its a 2019 10R80 equipped Mustang GT.

Mods list:

-Ford Racing Aluminator 9.5 compression crate engine
    -VMP Odin Supercharger with 69MM 8 rib pulley and 10%OD crank pulley. Projected 20 psi boost.
    -VMP 163R Throttle Body
    -ID1300X2 Injectors, VMP return style fuel system with dual DW400 pumps, regulator set to 70 psi, Running VP MS109 Racing Gasoline
    -Kooks 2 inch Long Tube Headers
    -Built 10R80 transmission with Circle D Converter

Lot's of tuning bugs but the biggest issue is I am loosing throttle once enough is applied while rolling in gear. I conduct my test on my own dyno with transmission in 4th gear. My guess is torque calculation related, but not 100 percent sure.

I have seeked advice from reputable people, but no solution has been found. I really need someone who knows that can help. There seems to be a lot of people who claim to know what they are doing but really don't ( LOL, myself included).

Feel free to inbox me if you rather not reply to this thread.

2019 10R80 Odin Supercharger.hpt

Throttle Loss.hpl

Tune and log attached.
    I tune Cummins for living. Tune my mustang for fun.

Advanced Tuner
    In that log it decelerates twice, but both times the app goes to zero. From here, it looks like you let off the throttle. Unless there's a problem with the pedal position sensor?

Look closer. Look at accelerator pedal position vs throttle position. Right at the break points you will see pedal input still in place but the throttle close.

Throttle loss.png
    Last edited by DoubleR; 03-11-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If it were me I’d cut the logging down to half a dozen channels all on the fastest data rate. Capture torque source, etc source, desired torque, and brake torque. Once the data rate is sped up, it will be easier to tell which one moved first. IMO the data is too coarse to tell what’s happening.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Look closer. Look at accelerator pedal position vs throttle position. Right at the break points you will see pedal input still in place but the throttle close.

Throttle loss.png
    Double R STFT Datalog.JPG

Fuel trims are not that far out of whack in the area of question. Yes there is work to be done, but really hard to fine tune fuel trims when so much other stuff is going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel trims are not that far out of whack in the area of question. Yes there is work to be done, but really hard to fine tune fuel trims when so much other stuff is going on.
    i see the throttle body is VMP, did Justin provide the Data for Drivers Demand & Predictive & Effect throttle other than that Any circle D converter changes for the A10 or Torque tables. The VMP 163R monoblade throttle body requires special tuning such as ETC Default Angle set to 0*, correct open loop feed forward and effective area tables
    Last edited by mstang_man; 03-12-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    i see the throttle body is VMP, did Justin provide the Data for Drivers Demand & Predictive & Effect throttle other than that Any circle D converter changes for the A10 or Torque tables. The VMP 163R monoblade throttle body requires special tuning such as ETC Default Angle set to 0*, correct open loop feed forward and effective area tables
    Michelle at VMP provided some data, but it was all kinds of wrong. I have managed to come with a model that is keeping angle error low but I am sure its not perfect. Its really frustrating that you cannot get proper data for a throttle body. Imagine if injector companies did not give data for their injectors!

With regards to torque tables, I have tried to make a few small changes but its seems the HP calculator is jacked up when you run data through it...so I am at a loss there.

Advanced Tuner
    Michelle at VMP provided some data, but it was all kinds of wrong. I have managed to come with a model that is keeping angle error low but I am sure its not perfect. Its really frustrating that you cannot get proper data for a throttle body. Imagine if injector companies did not give data for their injectors!

With regards to torque tables, I have tried to make a few small changes but its seems the HP calculator is jacked up when you run data through it...so I am at a loss there.
    i can send you an excel sheet with whipple mono blade, it might be closer than what you already have, and i think i have torque table files for whipple in excel also you can use for reference.

Advanced Tuner
    Also if you have the anti shuffle switch turned on make sure it?s turned on until you get it 100% dialed, or just leave it off. That can cause issues sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    i can send you an excel sheet with whipple mono blade, it might be closer than what you already have, and i think i have torque table files for whipple in excel also you can use for reference.
    Shoot me a PM. I will not turn any info down.

Advanced Tuner
    Shoot me a PM. I will not turn any info down.
    sent you a dropbox link

Tuner in Training
    You can see where the throttle desired angle (flow model) and throttle angle predicted (tq control) starts to decrease and then the throttle follows. I have the same thing going on with , only 7 lbs boost, it will only do it around 38% pedal, and sometimes I can push through it. If you stay in the throttle will it oscillate?

Quote Originally Posted by billsecst View Post
    You can see where the throttle desired angle (flow model) and throttle angle predicted (tq control) starts to decrease and then the throttle follows. I have the same thing going on with , only 7 lbs boost, it will only do it around 38% pedal, and sometimes I can push through it. If you stay in the throttle will it oscillate?
    reload tq tables and inverse to stock
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    put inverse\tq , DD, stock throttle, seems as though when in 8th gear then trying to add pedal, throttle still backs up,it is fairly repeatable. 2021 mustang GT auto procharger 3-17-22 Tq,inverse to stock.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Fixed, turned off initialization switch, airflow,general,desired airmass.2021 mustang GT auto procharger 3-17-22 turn off initialazation switch.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Was your computer locked when you got it? I am working on a Ford Crate 5.0 and it has no throttle operation. It will just start and die. It did run at one time. I tried to download the tune and nothing there. It is like it is locked

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuner1311 View Post
    Was your computer locked when you got it? I am working on a Ford Crate 5.0 and it has no throttle operation. It will just start and die. It did run at one time. I tried to download the tune and nothing there. It is like it is locked
    What is the calibration you are talking about?

Tuner in Training

Here is the VMP 163R data direct from Justin.

Throttle Body Data - 163R-G TB Data.csv