Thread: 2000 gt

Advanced Tuner

2000 gt

Vin not detected, has there been a nailed down solution to this, I don?t want it to generate a vin and cause an issue.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to ship me the ecu I can plug in any vin you want
    $120

If you have a heavily modified setup I can toss a "stock" custom tune on it for you too that you can adjust and I'll help you get it dialed in as well for $450 +20 shipping

Advanced Tuner
    Would using the hptuners function where it generates the vin cause an issue. It?s able to read the stock tune file that?s on the car, there?s just no vin attached to it

Advanced Tuner
    No not unless you have to have the correct vin for emissions testing.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Advanced Tuner
    No emissions aren?t an issue where I am, I just read someone else?s post where they let hptuners generate a vin and then the car wouldn?t start. To clarify when I connect to the car, it reads the file then I?m prompted with ?no vin detected, you will be unable to license the vehicle, would you like to generate one? I previously selected no and it let me save the stock tune file and everything. But that?s where I stopped till I get more info on this. I know you?re big when it comes to the EEC-V knowledge. Basically what I?m asking is, if I let the software generate the vin so I can license the ecu. I should be able to write the tune without fear of causing an issue with the ecu correct? I?ve tuned a couple of theses before up to FBO cammed ones, but this is the first I?ve seen this message.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't know.

If you wanted to be extra cautious you can read the tune off the ecu using a quarterhorse. That way if something happens you won't be in a bind. Also you can use the quarterhorse to log it as well which is far superior than the obd-2 is capable of logging.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Advanced Tuner
    I really appreciate your information. I?ll talk to the guy and see what he wants to do. May just be a case where he has to get an SCT device for his needs. I suggested doing a plug n play standalone and be done with it, but I don?t think he wants to go that route

Advanced Tuner
    SCT has very limited support for those older ecus and it still is limited by obd2 logging. Not to mention its also more expensive and far inferior to the quarterhorse.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    SCT has very limited support for those older ecus and it still is limited by obd2 logging. Not to mention its also more expensive and far inferior to the quarterhorse.
    any software will provide what you need. weither HP, SCT, Quarter Hourse, EFi Live ect

Advanced Tuner
    quarterhorse isnt software its hardware