Thread: Automatically syncing video and data files on timestamp?

Potential Tuner

Automatically syncing video and data files on timestamp?

Am I missing a function to automatically align multiple video and data files based on their timestamp?

I load up some GoPro videos and associated telemetry files, but they don't all start at exactly the same time. Is there a smarter way to align them than displaying a timestamp for each and manually winding them forward until they align?

Advanced Tuner
    This post has a few automatic sync options detailed: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post676913

I've found with my own data files that timestamps can be up to a half second off between video and data (where I know my synchronization is correct because I can see my gauges in the video; I assume this is due to the video starting before time can be checked against GPS). So a time synchronization might get you close but wouldn't actually be as exact as you might expect.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMikeMike View Post
    Am I missing a function to automatically align multiple video and data files based on their timestamp?

I load up some GoPro videos and associated telemetry files, but they don't all start at exactly the same time. Is there a smarter way to align them than displaying a timestamp for each and manually winding them forward until they align?
    I would think RaceRender should process the GPS data for each of the inputs and sync them. After they are synced, are you able to then cut/trim as necessary?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
    I would think RaceRender should process the GPS data for each of the inputs and sync them. After they are synced, are you able to then cut/trim as necessary?
    It doesn't

Potential Tuner
    Amazing! I have been using Race Render for the past 6 months and I only just joined this forum today to ask this exact same question.

I use Race Render to do cycling overlays. Basically I have two GoPros with video (and telemetry) and a Garmin unit with cadence, heart rate, telemetry, power, speed etc. I was really hoping Race Render could look at the GPS time stamp from each of these 3 sources and automatically sync them. As all GPS data is based on a knowing EXACTLY what the time is this should result in a perfect sync.

Am I to understand from the above RaceRender cannot or, to be more accurate, does not do this?
    What would be the process to get the developers to add this feature? I spend way too much time trying to get files in sync and in the end I am happy if I get them right to within half a second.

Potential Tuner
    I would love to be able to use an external garmin/etc.. gpx for additional data like cadence,etc. A half second sync inaccuracy is better then manually adjusting till its right.